• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which game?

Scott K

COD4 was game of the year and I think they sell it for around 30-40 bucks new. Are you looking for a 1st person shooter (COD,R2) or a 3rd person shooter (SOCOM)? I still play COD 4 quite a bit but have heard mixed reviews on the new COD 5 game. I've played far too many WW2 shooters in my life and I don't think I need another. I've always liked the SOCOM series. There's so many good games coming out from September into the Holidays that I have a hard time saving money for other things like Ice equipment. Good choice on the PS3, you'll enjoy it.

CoD WaW is not CoD 5, think of it as like GTA Vice City. Built on the same engine, more of a step sideways (and IMO slightly backwards) than it is a step forward. The next installment will likely be dubbed 5, to the confusion of many...

The next installment will likely be dubbed 5, to the confusion of many...

Actually it has been confirmed that the numbering system has been dropped from this line, starting with this title.

Just curious why you think this has been a step backwards? Sideways I would agree with, but why mess with success?

COD WAW is a great game you will enjoy yes it is WW2, but with killer graphics and also the online is sweet. But as stated you should look at Cod4 on an auction site also. And RFOM 1 is now $20 in the classics aisle.

Originally Posted By: VahnTitrio
The next installment will likely be dubbed 5, to the confusion of many...

Actually it has been confirmed that the numbering system has been dropped from this line, starting with this title.

Just curious why you think this has been a step backwards? Sideways I would agree with, but why mess with success?

Just the fact that they put vehicles back into play. Vehicle play just has never been done well, on any game that I can recall. They are either imbalanced and to powerful (the darkwalker on UT3 is the peak of this) or so weak they aren't worth getting in.

Socom has been best online game for playstation for a long long time, but the new ones isn't that good, i dont think. I was ones ranted in the top 100 players on Socom 3 for about a year untill i stop playing. I play the new one but i like the older socoms better. I will be getting the new COD when it comes out since everyone on here always tell me to get it!!!! smile Is the new COD out??

I will have to go and take a look at it. I'm going to see if Game stops will give me a good deal on the new socom i bought a few weeks ago and then get the new COD. Most of you play on 360 right??

Where do you guys get your rankings off and post them on here?? like jpz has on the bottom of his post! Or is that a 360 thing?