• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Naturevision buying Marcum

aquafang

They acquired it and will not likely change any names or branding as it is a well known marketable name. Not much will change but the paperwork for now. It is not in there best interest to diminish it's sales capacity by busting it up into sections or changing names that may confuse the customer base and diminish sales. If it's not broke...don't fix it.

Looks like they are positioning Marcum as the "premium" brand.

But yeah, why mess with it if it's working. It would have been a bad investment to just buy it and shut it down.

The bad news is that I doubt you will see cameras come down much in price.

Bass- Prices all across the industry have gone up, Its not just Nature vision or MarCum.. a lot of what goes into the products is petro. And many of these companies bought to have product for this winter when oil prices were high during the summer during their production... What was a gallon of milk last year at this time..

I dont know if their prices went up but I think when I got my LX-3 about 4 years ago and certainly now that I have my LX-5 this year they were the best flasher available for the money.

I just thought they had more options I would use for the buck.

Bass- Prices all across the industry have gone up,

They ARE the industry. Thats my concern. Don't get me wrong, I think theyre a great local company. But us free marketers like a little more competetition.

Look how far Marcum pushed NV and Vexilar. Without the competition do you think we would have the FL-20, or even lighted underwater cameras, or cameras under $400?

Case in point, how many new products did either company introduce this year?

Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich
Bass- Prices all across the industry have gone up,

They ARE the industry. Thats my concern. Don't get me wrong, I think theyre a great local company. But us free marketers like a little more competetition.

Look how far Marcum pushed NV and Vexilar. Without the competition do you think we would have the FL-20, or even lighted underwater cameras, or cameras under $400?

MarCum revamped the vx-1 and made it a vx-1pro. they also added 100 bucks crazy

Quote:

The LX-1, LX-3 and LX-5 were all re done this year. Each has more power and a new "tuned" tranceducer. Nature Vision came out with the Explorer 7 I believe. There are still other depthfinder companies.. And there are still other underwater camera companies. Cabelas makes their own.

I can understand your concern. The Truth is, there is still quite a bit of competition between the two companies even though they are owned by the same mother company. Aqua -Vu isn't nature visions only other product. Aqua Vu is just one company of MANY in which Nature Vision owns.

Chode:

Exactly.

I'm actually impressed with their ability to revamp the Marcum lineup, especially the AutoTune Technologty part, given the organizational and financial headaches that must've gone along with NV acquiring Marcum.

Rather than sitting contently, alone at the top of the heap, I expect big things now that Marcum is under the umbrella of such a large and successful corporation like Nature Vision.

Regarding the prices, I think the market prevents drastic price increases for no net-gain. After meeting the Marcum Sonar engineers, I'm positive that they could engineer a unit that would brew your coffee, de-ice your fishing hole, and suggest a more successful jigging rhythm. However, if the market won't support a unit which retails for a few $k, there's little incentive to build it.

Joel