• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I just dont get this excited about spring fishing

robert1965

you have spring, summer, fall, fishing. you only have a small window of time on the ice, depending on where you live. I know its more work for the most part, but theres somthing to be said about planning a trip on the ice. waiting, gear spread out. watching the weather, buying that new lure, give me ice.

Robert, you sound like my father.. For those who have met my dad, you know how much he loves the ice. When I was younger I asked him why this was... His answer.. "Because its always 80 degrees, no waves and no wind in a fish house."

I love the midwest for its seasons, and I too look forward to ice fishing as much if not more than most! If I were to say though, I think the shortest season is always the fall fishing.

lol that is kinda nice, with no waves. Im with you I love ice fishing, and Im starting to think that there is more people that like ice fishing than boat fishing for a few reasons, there is almost double the amount of posts in the ice fishing area comparied to the open water, and even in july there always seems to be almost the same amount of people looking the ice fishing area compaired to the open water area

I definatly fish more on open water then I do on the ice ,,,I may only get on the ice a dozen or so times a season and what dissapoints me more then lack of fishing action is that any one can get on the lake when its frozen and the site of the trash and debris I see left on the ice kinda turns me off to the sport and thats left by the 2%ers (definatly not left by any FMers)

Good Luck to those who get out on early ice

LAS