• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing line survey

jiggin pig

Berkley MicroIce, Vanish and Fireline.
P-Line and PowerPro too.

I like to use a wide variety and different types for different species. I probably use mostly Berkley products though...

------------------
Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson
Pro Staff Coordinator
FishingMN Sponsors

Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...

Power Pro for me. And to answer one of the previous questions yes lines like power pro and fireline work great through the ice.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes at yahoo.com

Power Pro and Fireline will freeze up quicker than mono when outside in the cold. In a heated house they are fine. After fishing all day make sure to bring your rods inside to dry out. If you leave them out in a cold truck they will be frozen in the morning.

I've been using Fireline for 2-3 years now through the ice. The stuff is fantastic when you are in a heated house. Doesn't work so well outside when it is cold. Icing up is an issue.

I use 6 lb Vanish for walleyes and general fishing. I personally prefer Vanish over Fireline as I found it to be much more sensitive. Fireline seemed very rigid to me.

For light panfish, I use stren high visibility yellow 2 lb test. It really helps me see strikes better than clear or green line.

Southbend, or whatever clear line that I can get 400 yards for a buck!

I don't spend alot on lines, I keep the hooks sharp and the drags set just right and I feel I do as good as anyone.

Been doing it for years with no problems, summer or winter.

Sometimes I will use Trilene, but just because I got a few spools for gifts, maybe the givers were trying to tell me something?

At any rate, some of the fellas I fish with, use more expensive lines and there is no obvious advantage that I can see?