• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slugs through a super x 2 ?

If you ever decide to change it up and purchase a rifled barrell for your SX2, good luck. I picked one up for mine a year ago and was told it was the only one left in stock anywhere and they weren't making anymore.

I agree with the Tru-Balls. Seen many people have good success with them in several different guns.

Has any one here shot slugs through their super x 2 with the bird barrel / imp. cylindar choke? If so how accurate are they? Thinkin about tryin it foe next weekend, but dont have time to shoot it before next weekend.

You want to just plop slugs into a gun and go hunt without having any idea where it will shoot them? If you can't shoot the gun before you go out, don't try to hunt with it. I personally think that's pretty unethical. Every gun shoots a little differently. You need to shoot your gun to know where it will hit with whatever type slug you want to shoot.

mnhunter79, Lawdog's point is and one I'd like to talk about further is even if your comparing the exact shotgun, choke and ammunition those two guns will not shoot the same.

So to take it out hunting without sighting in is a carp shoot.

Its also not an ethical thing to do.

You could always use the bow in the morning then find a pit or range and then sight in the shotgun. I know time is of the essence but if you can get it on paper at 25 yards then move out to 50 yards, well you'll know where its hitting anyway.

OK then, any other replies on how good / bad an sx2 w/28" barrel shoots slugs overall? Just tryin to get an idea for now. Plannin on gettin the B-SQUARE shotgun scope mount for it and puttin my nikon monarch on for next year. And yes, ill even sight it in.

Your groups with any smooth bore shotgun shooting a rifled slug isn't going to be that great. I'll say this, if your proficient with a bow you'll have better groups then the smooth bore could ever give. Effective range IMO is under 50 yards and less. Which is the best riffled slug? As said all barrels shoot differently. Once you get it on the range the proof will be in the pudding and you'll know the shotguns limitations. Experimenting with different slugs and picking one that groups best is all you can do.

Of coarse a riffled barrel will improve groups but the same answer to which slug will again be what shoots best out of that barrel.

Thats about as precise as an answer as anyone can give you.