• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Icehouse Regulations

Woody1

I'm building my 12 year old son an icehouse for X-MAS. The design of it is such that I can connnect it to my house and we can still fish together but have enough room for my 8 year old daughter to come along. Three people was too much last year. My questions are 1)Is this legal (if they are connected) and 2) Would I have to buy a shelter license for his house. Basically it will be a 4x4 addition to my house.

As long as its 2 seperate houses they both have to be licensed no matter if they are joined or not. I found this out a few years back when a bunch of guys snapped their Instatents together on Fish Lake and Mr.DNR made them seperate or take a ticket.
Now if you make a house with 2 seperate sides or rooms thats a different story. Like the 2 sided flip houses out now.

Woody1:
If its a uniformed addition to a "permanent" house to create more size, and not set up as a detached "portable" there should be no issue.

If you have a sectional type house you don't permit all sections should you decide to set up 10 ft instead of 14 ft..

I'm curious as to what your planned design attack is to accomplish the task smile.gif