• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand made cranks

bassn1

Quote:
I except the challenge, This is going to drive me nuts for a while!! I have an idea but haven't figured out how to apply it to a lure just yet.

ok bassn1. i gave you the challenge and you accepted. you've got about 70% of it ''over there''. basicly it's marbleing except theres no basecoat visible. all color on the exterior is epoxy. dyed with a propietary blend owned by Heckler. all of it on top of a superior quality dyed propionate ( pro-pea-oh-nate) wood sealer( also Heckler ). not one single drop of paint. this way the colors blend into one single mass instead of being on top of one another. this creates something other than what marbleing does. same but different. that's it, easy cheesy.

I took notes from both sites and I plan on practicing on a few wood dowels before I attempt to ruin a good crank blank. As soon as I get some down time on the "truck project" I'll be hard at it.

cool bassn1. i sure would like to see this on somebody's rod handle if they are up to the challenge. probably look nice on a pool stick too, lol. i was thinking about trying it out on a table top. just have to modify and beef up the old lure turner sytem a bit i suppose. i don't think a simple rotisserie would be strong enough to turn it.

also, it does work with a paint base. i like the propionate base mainly for longevity more than anything else. and propionate does leave the surface underneath very smooth with no wood grain to speak of.