• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting blind

JayS

My hunting blind instructions says you can shoot an arrow through the screen, but not a rifle. I would think that would be reverse. Can anyone explain? Is it safe to shoot a rifle through the screen?

thanks

My blind has plenty of room, if you keep the end of the barrel away from the screen are you OK? Keep at least of foot of space?

DonBo, did cutting the screen give you any issues after the later, did the holes get bigger as time went on?

Had plenty of time to check things out in the blind. I only use it when it is too cold to stay in the stand. With the wind I spent plenty of time in it.

I decided to cut strips to shoot out of. There was plenty of room to keep the rifle barrel from getting to close to the screen. In my opinion, with the offset of the scope on the barrel there was too much chance of accidentily hitting a zipper, a support rod or below the screen.

Didn't see any deer but had fun anyway.

Thanks everyone

On a related note, anyone ever use a heater, like a Mr. Buddy in a pop-up? The blind instructions always say not to but I've heard people do it. If you have, what are the pros and cons? Does it warm up the blind much? Does it cause a lot of condensation?

DonBo, did cutting the screen give you any issues after the later, did the holes get bigger as time went on?

So far nothing noticable. If you're just gun hunting from it the strip shouldn't need to more than a couple inches wide.

On a related note, anyone ever use a heater, like a Mr. Buddy in a pop-up? The blind instructions always say not to but I've heard people do it. If you have, what are the pros and cons? Does it warm up the blind much? Does it cause a lot of condensation?

opening day of turkey hunting it was a blizzard out so i had to dig out the heater i just used one of those coleman cat heaters heated it up pretty good but i was protected and the wind wasnt hitting me so idk how much heat would stay in w/ wind also keep it away from the sides of ull have a mess!!