• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Blaine

Let's see some pike pics

We are have our first frost in the forecast out here in CT... I'm chomping at the bit for first ice. Got any big ice pike pics? I've looked at mine a million times already, I need to see some new ones grin.gif

I'd post, but mine are all small...that and you have seen them all too. wink.gif

Ok...just one from last season.....
bob_pike1.JPG

[This message has been edited by Bob_D (edited 09-30-2004).]

My first actual iced pike!!! 33" on Champlain.. What a rush!!!!
7paulspike.jpg

[This message has been edited by P.DONA (edited 09-30-2004).]

Nice pike Paul. Her name is Ellen. I'll say hi to her for you. wink.gif

Bob Too funny!
Those grabbers really save your hands from some toof marks!! Boga grips. I don't see them in any of your pictures on the Mn. HSOforum??
Do you guys use them, out there??

I have a less expensive Rapala I'm trying this year. Both Boga, and Rapala have scales built in them , too.
Rakes don't happen often but, this is the alternative:
21champlainzippyshand80150.jpg

[This message has been edited by P.DONA (edited 09-30-2004).]

I live my gripper. I always have it with me while ice fishing. It does not hurt the fish and it allows me to keep the fish in the water while I'm getting cameras ready for pictures. Here is a pic on mine with a lanyard.
lipgripper.JPG

I use the Berkley model. The Boga was a little out of my price range. I've had my Berkley for 3 years and have had no problems with it.I think they are around $30 or less. The Boga is $120 and up. I DO NOT like the Repala unit. It has some nasty teeth on it and it damages the fish.

Here is a video of a little pike and me using a gripper.

Dial-up ... http://fishingvermont.net/Videos/scotts_pike_dialup.wmv

high speed .. http://fishingvermont.net/Videos/Scotts_pike_highres.wmv

I was wondering about hurting the fish with the Rapala. All I lipped so far are Blues. It doesn't look to be harmed, but I never asked the fish after it swam away, either.

I promised myself I wouldn't post these pics again, just pics of new Pike I hope to catch this winter. Oh well, here they are one more time for you guys out east.

47b4da35b3127ccebced68668fc30000001610

47b4da35b3127ccebced6bd84ed40000001610

Hanson,
Nice fish. They look very healthy.

As a side note....Do you guys have any problems with Esocid Lymphosarcoma out there? We have seen some on Lake Champlain, but it seems like it was better in 2004 then it was in 2003. It does not kill that many pike, but muskie can take a real beating with it.

Oh.....I guess that is why you still have your 30# Boga? wink.gifgrin.gif

Erik,

First off, you have to have place to put your pictures on the internet, some sort of server like Shutterfly or something like that. Once you have that and you download your picturs onto that server, you need to highlight and copy the url address of the picture. You can find that if you right click on the picture and click on properties. Once you have the url copied than go back here and post a reply. In your reply you're going to want to place that url address (from the picture) inside  and . So you will get something like... url address that you copied. Then the picture should show up.

I hope this makes sense. If you have anymore questions then drop me an e-mail and I'll help you out.

------------------
Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson
Pro Staff Coordinator
FishingMN Sponsors

Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...

where did you get that sweet lanyard on the berkley grip?. or do they come with it?.

Here's a small one. Hope the pic is viewable. This was caught in Manitoba on Lake Of The Woods.

gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id

Thanks! Where can I find one similar to it closer to home?

Nice fish Joe,
Upper Red Lake and Mille Lacs come to mind for big pike.

Joe,

Yep, Mille Lacs holds a lot of big pike. Not a bad drive from where we are. South Center Lake also has a lot of big pike too, as does Minnetonka, Rush and Big Marine Lake. All have big fish potential.

------------------
Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson
Pro Staff Coordinator
FishingMN Sponsors

Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...