• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need some advice..

Dakota Iceman

I have a friend who is selling a zercom black and white flasher. He sent me a pic of it and here is what I know. It says clearwater classic on the face of it. It comes with the ice box,battery charger, trolling motor/high speed/ and ice fishing transducer. It looks to be in great shape. It does need a new battery. How much is reasonable for a unit like this, and are the batteries expensive? Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated before i make a purchase. Thanks in advance, iceman out>

Dakota- I have a Zercom Clearwater Classic LCD flasher. I actually like it very much. I bought it brand new on HSOList for only $40.00! Mine had no battery with it and only a suction cup mounted transducer that I made a bracket for to use on the ice. It may not be Vex or Marcum, but for that kind of money it can't be beat!! Dave S

The Classic is the LCD circular display. I use to use one for ice fishing until I upgraded to the FL8. Now I use it on the bow of my boat. It makes a good ice unit and you can see the tiny baits no problem. You will run into some interference with nearby units though. As for price, it's hard to say. I know the ice-ducer itself will sell for around $40, in season, when someone cuts their cord and is in need of one? A battery won't cost more than $20 and lasts for years. Sorry but I can't give a cost estimate for someone looking to buy one. Hope this helps a little. Ed

I bought my Clearwater Classic new 6 years ago for $99, with a ice-fishin transducer and no battery. It works great, you do get some interference, but I share a fishhouse with a guy that uses an FL8, and the interference is not bad, you can still see the smallest jig with it.

You can't go wrong with this unit. I bought a used one a few years back for just under $100, never had any problems with it. I have used a vexilar before and although they are very nice you can't beat saving a couple hundred dollars. You won't be dissapointed

I've used the Clearwater Classic and the LCF40, and still have the LCF40 - sold the Classic to a buddy. I bought them off hsolist for $87 for both, with the LCF40 broken, and I repaired it. They are both B&W LCDs, the LCF40 has better resolution. Both picked up on the smallest jigs I use. Not fancy, but gets the job done. I like how silent they are. The LCF40 is prone to interference within 10-15 feet of Vex's, but the Classic seems to handle it better.