• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wind Noise 08 Ford Escape.

My wife has an 08 Ford Escape, she loves the car but everytime I'm in it I notice a lot of wind noise. She says she doesn't even notice it but there is significantly more in her car than mine. Anyway, is there any aftermarket things I could do to decrease the wind noise??? Never heard of anything or seen anything but you never know I guess.

Exactly, bring it back to the dealer, take them for a ride and point out the noise, if it is considerd abnormal they will fix it. Some vehicle lines just have more road noise then others and there isnt a fix.

That's kind of what I was thinking is that its just the way the car is put together, but didn't know if there was "better" stripping or something that could be done....I guess a trip to the dealer couldn't hurt.

No its been since we bought it...didn't really notice during the test drive but doing more research it seems to be the biggest complaint about this car...like I said, my wife doesn't seem to mind and it is her car so I was just seeing if we could tighten it up a little bit.

4.W.E. said what is needed to be done.

If it is a design issue, they will have a T.B.S. that will say how to fix it or if it is normal. If it is a repair with your particular vehicle, point it out on the test drive with the advisor or tech. and they will fix it.

it might be the seal right next to the window on the back of the door, if you try to push it in and it moves, pull it out a little way and silicone in behind it, then tape it tight to the door till the silicone seats (like 1/2 a day) I had the same problem on my 02 Explorer