• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kerosene Heater

pommer

I am building a 6/8 shack. I was given a kerosene heater that is in good shape. My questions are. Would you use a kerosene heater if properly vented? Where should the vents be located and how many vents should be used. How efficent is a kerosene heater? are you able to keep it on for days @ time? thanks

We used a kerosene heater for many years in one of our shacks.It worked great! We never had it vented either.It just sat on the floor.Kind of nice, we could cook on the top of it.Just be sure that when you light it, do it outside.They kinda stink when first lit.Also when you turn it off make sure the wick is turned all the way down.Because one time I forgot to turn the wick down all the way and just snuffed it out.The next morning I came back to the fish house and it smolderd all night long. Made a real nice sooty black mess all over the walls windows and celings.