• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Close cow moose

BoxMN

You would be surprised at how still you can be when you are afraid to get stomped.

I had a big Bull Moose come within 10 feet of me while rifle hunting deer about 15 years ago.

I heard him coming through the woods and thinking I was going to have the Thurdy Pointer walk up to me I was just getting ready when he came out of the brush. I was looking for a tree to hide behind, the largest tree around me was a one inch Aspen. He just stared at my while I stood there hoping he would just move on. I am not sure how long he stared at me (seemed like forever) before he moved on. It was really cool now that I think about it, but at the time it was very nerve wracking.

I had a talk with a Park Ranger in Denali and he mentioned that with all the wildlife they have in the park that the Moose is the most dangerous, due to the fact that it is the most unpredictable.