• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It went through a hole in the ice

danny berg

This stuff is way funny!!! The only question that comes to my mind is, If fashion is ALWAYS on a comeback, What ever happened to "dummy strings?" You know, the strings that went up one sleeve, across the back and down the other sleeve of winter coats. Was darn near impossible to lose a mitten, even if you WANTED to!

Jeff Beckwith... Now that you mention it, the list is pretty long...my memory must be slipping?

Chisels, yes...Pinch Bar after I lost the ciisel, yes...Car, yes (Shallow water, back end, wheww, close!)...Rods, oh yeah, especially before reels became so popular and most of us used jig sticks, glasses, pagers, ice scoops, yup, just about everything! After a time, ya tend to put some of that stuff mental storage.

I remember last year i was gonna go ice fishing but it was like -20F. so my buddy garrett calls me up cuz he has a shack. the whole way out there he's bragging about his new gander combo. about 4 hours later he goes to take a pee. i watched his rod slowly slide towards the hole, then, FLOOP. it made my dad when he came back and almost cried. so I let him use one of my rods the rest of the day.

------------------
My dad looks like Al Linder, does that make me a better fisherman?
I believe so.

Funny cause it didn't happen to me. Me, my two brother in laws and my father in law were fishing on Mille Lacs, we were in a big sleeper. Anyway father in law goes over to his bunk and starts monkeying around with his gps when we hear a splash, look over and he has this blank stare on his face and says "I think I just dropped my gps down the hole". We all laughed so hard we pi**ed ourselves darn near. Except about an hour later he won a $100 hand of poker off of us and went right to bed.

We told him if he had his gps he could mark were he dropped it.

Around 20 CD's. Fell out of the case because I never take the time to put them into the plastic sleeve. They look cool spinning around when you shine a flashlight on them as they're going down.

i have always wondered, why don't they make all ice gear float? and i swear those holes are magnetic or something!

------------------
My dad looks like Al Linder, does that make me a better fisherman?
I believe so.

A year ago, i was fishing buffalo lake before sunrise and i just looked down at my rod and realized it was about to go into the water cuz my bobber was about 3 feet under and i reached down to set the hook and out fell my mag-lite............before i knew it there was no longer a fish frown.gif on the line.

Great topic. The comment about if he had his GPS he could mark the spot where he dropped it is the best.

Dropped all my jigs out of my box and down the hole, must've looked like a confetti party to the fish below.

Last winter my buddy was walking back to the truck on shore, and I was whizzing outside. Heard some commotion in the portable and returned to find his new combo missing. At least I still had my 2!

I read a story before on this HSOforum about a guy who had just tuned up his auger. Was drilling a hole and got through to the bottom of the ice. Pulled up on it and the auger part went straight down. Turns out he forgot to put the holding pin back in!

Car keys are the worst, I hope it never happens to me. Knock on wood.