• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

do i have to change barrells

I'm sure theres lots of other posts about this and lots of debate...but its perfectly fine to shoot slugs out of a smoothe bore barrel(improved cylinder is the recomended choke). If you have the cash and are pretty serious you can pick up a rifled barrel for a couple hundred bucks..or for a little less you could try a rifled choke, never tried one but there out there. I've been using a smoothe bore since i started deer hunting and have never felt the need for a fully rifled untill i got the mossberg combo witch came with the rifled barrel so i use it. Dont see mutch diffrence in accuaracy but then again i dont get many shots past 75 yards...just my 2 cents

I have always used the 870 express stock barrell and not had a problem......I don't even pay much attention to the type of slug I buy.....they all shoot out of the barrel and I tend to be pretty accurate with anything I have shot out of it.....Good Luck