• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go, Ely Timberwolves! New pix!

Sumthin' is happening to the wolves over the last couple of weeks! I don't have a story like Steve did, but I did bump into these guys today. Saw the black fella first, but the second one dashed onto the road. They were in sight for a total of about 15 or 20 seconds, so just got two short bursts in. About 90 yards away, I was happy to get 'em!

BW-2.jpg

BW-3.jpg

BW-1.jpg

I did. I never win.

If you count up the many thousands of hours I've spent in the woods looking for wolf photographs and weigh them against the photographs I've got, the odds of getting wild wolf photographs are still far better than the 80,000,000 to 1 odds of winning the Powerball.

Still, I keep trying on both fronts. You can't win if you sit in front of your computer and don't play. gringrin

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
You can't win if you sit in front of your computer and don't play. gringrin

True, but sitting in front of my PC isn't costing me anything. wink

Mike, I wasn't thinking of you in particular. But, nor is sitting in front of a computer winning us anything. smilesmile

Ken, you buy Powerball when you got back in town? This run of wolves has simply been amazing. gringrin

Mike, I wasn't thinking of you in particular. But, nor is sitting in front of a computer winning us anything. smilesmile

I realize that. BTW Steve, you seem to change avatar as often as I change underwear, lately. grin Love the new avatar though.

BTW Steve, you seem to change avatar as often as I change underwear.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!!! shockedshockedshocked

For the record, I think I've had three of four different avatars over the last sixth months. One hopes that you change your undies a little more often than that. gringrin

Sorry Ken, your thread, not ours.

Go wolves! gringrin

For the record, I think I've had three of four different avatars over the last sixth months.

It's just that your last avatar, the hawk, had only been up a day or two.

Back to you, Ken. Actually, I assumed the same as Steve, and almost didn't check out the thread. It would have surely been my loss, if I hadn't. After these close encounters, do you dream about wolves at night? sleep I can guarantee you, I would.

You've been using up all the good titles, I had to come up with something different!

I have to admit when it came up on the sidebar I thought that Finnbay must have took the 50D to the basketball game to get some shots with bad lighting just to test the high ISO grin

I had the same thoughts as jimalm. I was looking forward to some indoor sports shots with the 50D. The real wolves is a nice surprise! What a great experience it must be to get so close to some beautiful animals.

Thanks all. It's always a rush to see a wolf, or moose, or deer, or eagle, or pine martin, or just about anything! Some are just more rare than others.

Steve's been out and about so much lately (successfully) he's going to have to come up with some new material for titles!

Probably I'm heading out to the North Shore today, too. Might have to do some Lake Superior scenics under this curtain of rain. Tough photography conditions, but rewarding for all that.

We'll see.

Ken, any wolf we see today's gonna be a bedraggled mess of wet fur. gringrin