• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spearing opener in nov?

glenn57

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be missing something here because I really don't see the problem. If for some reason we had safe ice on Nov. 15th people would be complaining to the DNR as to why they couldn't be spearing(if it wasn't open). Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

I with you. Hey they aren't closing it early, you just get a chance to spear sooner if conditions permit.

I may be wrong but what i believe Bass & Spear is getting at that regardless of the date in the fall if there is ice you should be allowed to start the spearing season. If I am wrong let us know. thank you

hey guys, dont get me wrong i would definitely take advantage of the opportunity if it presents itself.i just think the chance of having ice on nov 15th is slim to none. besides i dont have a window in my house to look for that 30 point buck, cause its still deer season. smirkwink

if there is ice you should be allowed to start the spearing season.

That I can agree with.

I also agree with glen57 in the fact that by setting it for Nov 15th (a week from tomorrow) they have effectively done that.

Ohh yeah glen.... you should already have your 30 point buck by the 15th grin

I am confused like a few others.....why all the complaining???

It is open 2 weeks earlier than normal, who cares if there is not typically safe ice by the 15th? At least I will mostly likely never be angling out of my spear house prior to the 1st of Dec.

my computer crashed so I'm back and we had ice in the lake tuesday took two steps and its not safe yet Ill check it friday and then heading to longville to do some last weekend deer hunting but my mind will be on spearing just may take the spear with and check the ice up there cant wait to throw the spear.

Well, after last night's 12 degrees I found 4-5 inches on a bigger lake that is shallow but has a few hammer handles in it...I think some of you will be waiting for dark shadows to float in next to a decoy over the weekend while I wait for ditch parrots to break from thick cover! Good luck!