• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm gonna try something new.

I got a good place to hunt its a corn picked corn field next to a large private managed woods. There is no trees in the fence line on my side. but the hill slops very hard in to the fence line at one point. The same point where all the deer funnel out. So if things work out for me and I can go second season shot gun i'm thinking of taking my goose blind and seting it at the crest of the hill a 100 yards off the fence line. I can shoot out of it laying down I've done it turkey hunting and it would blend in awsome. Anyone know of anyone trying this before?

Here's how I see it. Bob and Jethrow are walking back for lunch. Bob says, hey see the lump over on the hill? I'll bet you that is a deer laying there. Jethrow put up the gun and say's yes, I just saw it move.

I would put a lot of orange on it!

Any shrubs on that hill? Just nestle into the shrubs and break up your outline, you'll be fine. I don't think I would want to laydown on the ground the last week of November, especially for any length of time. If there is no brush pile, make one this week.....

Here's how I see it. Bob and Jethrow are walking back for lunch. Bob says, hey see the lump over on the hill? I'll bet you that is a deer laying there. Jethrow put up the gun and say's yes, I just saw it move.

I would put a lot of orange on it!

Ha! I hope that Bob and Jethrow are smart hunters and are sure of their intended target! If not, maybe they shouldn't be in the woods.

I'd blaze up my blind for sure, and keep the eyes peeled! Good luck!

tipup...i did something similar about 10 years ago on a chunk of land we were hunting.

there was about a 15 acre woodlot in the middle of a 2 mile section. Pretty much all fields around it, but a few small fencelines came off of it. deer would run out of the woods, go about 200 yards and then stop and look back into the woods. Then across the field they would go on their trail. Well, their trail was in a lower spot in the field. So, one morning I set up about 30 yards uphill from their trail. I could not see anything at the edge of the field because of the slope of the land. When I saw deer they were going to be close. We sent a guy to push the woods. 7 deer came up on my right and being righthanded I had to sit up as I was laying on my stomach facing the woods. I sat up and shot the biggest doe. Off they ran while I quickly reloaded my muzzleloader. I laid back down quickly and shortly later here came 2 deer and they stopped right on their trail and looked back into the woods- just like we had drawn up. I took the bigger doe and quickly reloaded. About 3 minutes later, a buck stopped in the same row I was laying in. A quick shot and down he went.

3 deer in under 10 minutes with a muzzleloader. (We were party hunting.)

It will work- sometimes you have to think out of the ordinary to take a deer! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!