• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Wookiee

Sauger and Saugeye -Photo Gallery

Dont walleyes only have that distinct black spot on the real of the dorsal along with the other basic characteristics? boar

According to the rule book, walleyes have a white tip on the bottom of their tail, and a black spot at the back of their dorsal fin. Saugers have neither of those characteristics.

This isn't mentioned in the book, but the saugers I've caught appear "splotchy," and don't have the green and gold coloring as much as walleyes do.

The fish in the last picture I would say is a saugeye, as it has characteristics of both a walleye and a sauger (splotchy, black spot at the back of the dorsal fin, and I couldn't see a white tip on the tail)

I caught a few sauger between 20"-21" this year. I really want to get one a few inches bigger to put on the wall sometime.

full-22671-2082-010.jpg

full-22671-2083-011.jpg

full-22671-2084-001.jpg

nice saugers! are those from pool 4? it looks like pool 4 area behind you

Thanks. Yes this is pool 4 in the top 2 and Pepin in the bottom. I thought about blurring them out, but these are by no means "secret spots."

Finding some nice saugers mixed in with the eyeballs lately. I think this one was 22.

full-105-2445-sauger.jpg

yeah that was on the 'sota. Got a nice 24" saugeye the other day too, but forgot to pose with it. smile

Yes, I hit the river one day last week and the fish are going ok. I did not land any sauger but I did get some nice fish. The largest was not that big going 23" but I got some nice eaters.

All on a jig and plastic.

my dad got this nice eater today. we caught good amount of saugers, but only one eater

2070.jpg

i liked the color on this little cigar sauger. bummer the pic turned out so bad

2069.jpg

saugeyes - cross between male sauger and female walleye - dont have spots on the dorsal (maybe a few at the base) like a walleye but have blotches on the sides like a sauger.

we catch them occasionally down this way on the big river and have caught some on p4, too.

btw, great pix guys. any sauger over 20 inches is a trophy in my book.

24 inchers is my biggest. heres a 22 incher from a couple years ago.

full-36507-4292-walleyeindentif.jpg

full-36507-4294-22incher.jpg

picked this one up today 25 1/2 incher and lost another and had about a 12lb pike spit the hook at the boat

full-15313-12845-003.jpg

Brian got a nice saugeye the other day

16025422.jpg

and I got a nice looking 'ger today

7952332f.jpg