• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Wookiee

Sauger and Saugeye -Photo Gallery

This is dedicated to those that feel they need to hide where they are. I hope you don't know where I am!

babysauger-1.jpg

Sean its a keeper if your fishing the south shore of Woods. If your fishing the Angle its bait. smile The angle is where the bigger saugers live.

Nice fish. That bottom one almost looks like a saugeye, either that or a very light colored sauger.

NICE fish guys! ive never seen any sauger that big! The only ones i caught were on LOTW and they were about 6-12 inches!

ok, somebody tell me what I got here.

look at all the pictures. notice the lack of white on the tail, but also the lack of spots on the dorsal...

oh, came from a small lake in Ontario..

meandmysteryfish.jpg

meandmysteryfishtail.jpg

meandmysteryfishbodyshot.jpg

meandmysteryfishbelly.jpg

Tapper I think you could be on to something.... Tail sure looks a lot like a pike tail..

Tapper I think you could be on to something.... Tail sure looks a lot like a pike tail..

Herm Its name is blue pike, but doesn't mean its like the northern pike.

Jigglestick did the fish have a abnormally sized eye compared to a regular walleye/sauger?

Here is a pic of a blue pike

blue_pike.jpg

They look kind of similar.

And here is a walleye and sauger just to compare to the blue pike.

Walleye

walleye.jpg

Sauger

sauger1.jpg

Honestly I think it looks like a blue, but there have been some walleyes thought to be blues that just had a bluish slime on them.

there was no blue tint what so ever to it.

the outfitter said it didn't look like any of the other walleyes that come of the lake he had ever seen.

the lack of white on the tail and the lack of spots on the dorsal have me scratching my head, thinking saugeye.

I did not check the eyeball, but I'd have to dig the carcass out of the garbage now.

I'm going with saugeye.

Still I caught a saugeye on pool 4 on friday. They still should have some white on the tip and the spots on the dorsal fin.