• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ANGLE EYE JRS

GRAND DAD

I bought a dozen of the glow ones. The fish like them, my sons like them, my brother-in-law likes them. A dozen doen't go very far in that situation. I changed out the hooks to Mustad Triplegrip trebles. I was told this might retard the lure's action. If it does, no one bothered to tell the fish.

You can order them and the Go Devils right here from FM. It is good to hear all the positive reports on this product.

Jeff
Scenic Tackle
[email protected]

You can see them at:
http://tacklecity.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff Beckwith (edited 09-22-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-22-2004).]

i was just checking these out the other day. sounds like purchasing these would help catching fish. always good to find positive and negative feedback on this site. helps a guy out every once in a while.
what size angel eye jrs do you guys usually use if you are targeting eyes/perch or crappies?

[This message has been edited by ivegottabite (edited 09-24-2004).]

For perch and crappies I like to use 1/16 or 1/8 oz spoons, tipped with maggots or a minnow head. For walleyes I'll use either a 1/8 or 1/4 oz spoon, tipped with a minnow head or whole minnow. Glow red is a hot color, I caught a majority of my crappies last winter on glow red.

If I had to choose one size I would pick 1/8 oz, it can be used for a variety of species and for a variety of situations.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...

The Angel Eye Jr. only comes in one size/weight. However the Go Devils come in sizes 1/4,1/8 and 1/16th oz. For the panfish and perch most people like to use the 1/16th or the 1/8th oz. For your walleye fishing I would recommend the 1/4th oz sizes.
As for colors, it all depends on the lake you are fishing. My number one choice to start with is always the Glow Perch.

Good Luck and keep in mind ice is coming soon!!

Jeff
Scenic Tackle
[email protected]

I've never seen them available at Gander, Cabela's or anywhere around the metro area. They are available in a number of bait shops up north. I can think of a bunch right now located around Lake of the Woods and Upper Red. I beleive Scenic Tackle is located in the Bemidji area.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I do know you can save a bundle and purchase them at:

TackleCity.com

There are a lot of good deals on a number of high quality ice fishing items like Custom Jigs and Spins Demons or bad Dog lures, even Jig-a-Whoppers.

Remember Islander Lures? Well they are back in an environmentally friendly lead free weight that weighs in at 98% of the weight of lead with improved hooks and much improved paint.

DeLong Lures and Phelps are couple others that may be available there soon.

TackleCity.com - CLICK HERE

Oh yeah, prices were negotiated to save YOU money getting your high quality, fish catching, ice fishig tackle this year. cool.gif

The Angel Eye Minnow (Sr.) has became the go to lure for several of the guides up in the Lake of the Woods area. Most are using the hammered gold or the Neon Red tipped with a minnow head.

My favorite colors on LOTW are the gold and that deadly Perch one....I love those things! I paint a little pink or orange along 1 edge of the convex side on the gold ones as well, they like that!

fiskyknut

Thanks for posting that link rick. Looks like some good deals on there. Buying tackle in those big packs is kind of like ripping off a band aid, you get the pain over with in one quick shot and then move on to the fun stuff. Now if i can only get a little more student loan money.... rolleyes.gif

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

If true, that is a good deal. I'd get them while you can if I were you guys smile.gif

We did Check L&M Fleet Farm and the price is $2.99 and Mills Fleet Farm (if you can find them) has them at $2.99 as well. Of course some stores don't have them and may not get them in. Some specials may be had...

However, even if the price you give is true, they are less than that at TackleCity.com (if you consider the convenience of the shipping and handling as compared to gas, wading through crowds and checkout counters and vehicle mileage and your time as a wash?).

Ive seen Jb Lures also sells Angel Eyes in 8 colors too. The gold, Neon Red, Neon Yellow, Neon Blue, Pink glow, Perch, chart green, and chart orange. I think they get them from Scenic tackle. You can find them at Fleet Farm, Gander Mountain, Walmart and other stores.

I've got the same gift card burning a hole in my pocket, they can't get there icefishing gear out fast enough!

To answer your question- NO. They might have some of the JB Lures Angel Eyes, but I was down at the Owatonna store last night picking up a deer stand and I didn't see any. I know they don't have the Scenic Tackle ones.

They also don't have the Rapala Jigging Shad Raps in yet.

On a side note- those Blue Catfish they have in the aquarium are HUGE!! blush.gif