• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

November Challenge-Patterns in Nature

Dbl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been grabbing patterns everywhere--crisscrossing branches, ripples and the sand formations below them, rocks--you name it. In my head is the running dialogue of what constitutes a pattern vs. a shape or texture. And also what constitutes an interesting picture. But when I saw this gorgeous tiger, I realized my pattern photo was an unintentional one. A pine siskin's pattern of stripes may be much smaller and less impressive but it is a pattern all the same. And there's that other thing going on here--a pattern creating a pattern, I guess. Crop suggestions would really be welcome.

3038857747_937168ce19_o.jpg

Whoohooo i got it. these are some great photo's Ill have to go back and read the rules, dont want to be breaking them (even though thats what they are for right?) I dont have any fancy camera but i think i will have to play along.

ShawnnyB

OK folks, I didn't really want to do this but because we are really trying to keep this open to those who meet the guidelines of the month's challenge, I've deleted all the photos that don't follow them.

Please we love seeing everyone's photos, this is a photo sharing board by all means share all the wonderful photos that have been posted here. But start a new post to do that. This ONE THREAD is for people that want to follow along with the guidelines of the monthly challenge.

Here again are the guidelines for the monthly challenge, MONTHLY CHALLENGE GUIDELINES I don't know how else we can make this more clear to everyone. We do post it at the start of the thread, its own sticky and monthly. In fairness to those participating and because members here requested that we have this monthly challenge, we will be following its guidelines more closely.

Thanks for understanding and please keep posting your photos!