• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

November Challenge-Patterns in Nature

Dbl

The vote is complete and we will be looking for Patterns in Nature

Everyone should be familar with the rules by now but if not please take a moment to read them HERE

Remember the image must have been shot in November of 2008 and if you are lucky enough to shoot a patten in nature the first weekend in November you can use it smile

Have fun this month, there should be many places and ideas for this challenge.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'm new to this, other than the few fish pictures I've posted on this HSOforum. I just got this Canon Powershot sx100 and love it. I'm still learning the photo game. I shot this pic today at the boat landing after fishing for a few hours. The temp was 24 and my fingers were totaly numb.I thought the ice pattern hanging off the tree roots looked cool.It's just a reminder that winter is very close by.

C&C welcomed

003-1.jpg

bassn, cool! Thanks for coming in and playing with us. Cold fingers are just par for the course for a photographer in November. gringringrin

It's a nice picture. If the ice patterns were what you wanted to emphasize, a closer shot without a lot of the surroundings would have made that ice the center of attention. smilesmilesmile

I was going to say what Steve said, also pushing the camera button half way down while pointing it at the ice would have locked the focus at that range. While still holding the button half way down you could have then re-composed the scene and pushed the button all the way down to take the photo.

I like the mood the lighting and the ice bring to the photo, brrr.

Thanks for the feed back, I'm still learnin'and having fun with this camera. I haven't had a photo class since high school and that's been 10 (times 3) years ago.Back then it was a Kodak X-15 with the big flash cubes!!

This is what I enjoy most about these challenges. I have followed the last two, as well. Eyeguy--that was really creative. And the zebra is wonderful. The icicles and piece of wood really helped me to expand my vision. I am finding myself walking the dog thinking about patterns in nature. Last month I was out looking over prairie potholes at sunset, trying a gazillion different settings, attempting to capture the light and color that I was seeing. The challenge really encourages the development of a photographer's or an artistic eye plus gives reason to work on skills and different types of photography. This is the reason I finally registered.