• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jason Mitchell rods and reels

Watch in the near future for Jason's new line up of combo rod & reel. Jason has a great line up of rods for the panfishernman to the heavy duty laker or northern rod.

The Jason Mitchell Elite Series Combos feature a tiny JMS500 Spinning Reel with 3 ball bearings, extreme temperature lubrication system, infinite anti reverse, over size spool for less line twist while presenting light mono in cold conditions and multi disk drag for added smoothness with small diameter ice lines.

http://jasonmitchellrods.com/ice.php

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

You'll love your new rods when you get em. I have been using these rods extensively since their inception, where they have proven themselves time and time again while on the ice. The new reels and combo options are going to be awesome as well. Like all the products, a great piece of equipment at a quality price.

I wouldnt consider the rod UL.. More so L.. Which is good, to give the rod more hook setting power from the extra bend you get when the spring goes down. The fast action and blank on the rod lets you set into the fish a lot easier, then some of the other flimsy spring bobber rods you see out there on the market.

The "meatstick" is my "go to" rod all season long! Deadsticking it works great, but team up with a small jigging spoon tipped with plastics, and with that sensitive tip, you can feel EVERYTHING that is going on down below!

I my opinion, that meatstick is the best rod for the $'s available today!

T

Kinda funny regarding the meat stick. I got my 1st one last season and accidently broke 4 inches of the end. At 1st I was pretty bummed but then decided to tip the end off. Even after that it became my number 1 go-to stick. It has everything I could ask for, still has plenty of sensitivity and never lost any of the back bone,(gained a little more i think). It's been left the same & the more I type the more anxious I am becoming.

I enjoy playing fish on the meatstick better and I probably use it more than the spring bobber rod. The spring bobber rod on the other hand will surely show you bites that the meatstick wont once you learn how to "read" it.

If I was only going to use one I'd go with the meatstick, For aggressive jigging, I prefer the meat stick. On days when a "still" presentation is needed, I'll switch to the spring bobber rod.

I also had a rod tip break on a meat stick, I got on the phone and called the number on the rod's package, and I didn't get "coorporate headquarters", or "push one for customer service"...That number gets answered by Jason Mitchell himself!

I told him that my rod broke after catching LOTS of fish with it, and Jason had a new rod sent out to me the next day! With customer service like that, I'll stick with Jason's rods for a long, long time!

T

I added the Meat Stick and Jason Mitchell spring bobber rod to my collection this off season and can't wait to try them out on first ice!!!! I too have called up just to tell the office how happy I was with my Jason Mitchell slip bobber open water rod and guess what..... Jason himself answered then too!!! What a great guy and great product!

I always carry my meatstick in its own hard tubed case. This year I will add a Otter hard case and use that at times when I have to carry multiple rods.

One word of advise is if the tip freezes up suck the ice off it with your mouth. DO NOT try to pick it off with your fingers or tap it. If you take a bit of care with this rod it will last you years and its a blast to use. Everyone I let use mine went and bought one last season.