• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jason Mitchell Elite Series Ice Rods

bassislife

They are fantastic rods. I have had great luck with the meat stick and I like the spring bobber rods. They don't ice up like other designs.

I don't know if they're made in the US but I know when I call for service (I broke the tip on one of my rods) I called their shop in North Dakota and talked to Jason himself. Great guy and great service. I've got some ideas on one of the spiral wrap laker rods for this winter. I like the lake trout and big pike on a jigging rod.

I too can testify to calling with questions and speaking to Jason himself! Great service and like TeamOtter and Powerstroke I have the Meat Stick and Spring Bobber rod. I also have a slip bobber rod for open water fishing from Jason Mitchell.

I have three of them I bought last year, and love them all.

My favorite Jason Mitchell rod is the 30" walleye. Great backbone and I like for jigging spoons primarily.

The 28" walleye is a great choice too for a more sensitive touch on walleyes.

And my 24" panfish is a great all around panfish rod.

Mine have been great rods, and for a reasonable price it can't be beat!

I use the 28" Walleye, Perch, and spring bobber rod.

I love the fast tip, yet strong backbone of the walleye and perch rods.

For the money, the best ice rods I've used. I was so impressed I bought a couple more this year. I have a few Jason Mitchell open water rods that are awesome also.

Customer service????? I dare you to call with a problem and not hang up the phone happy. Last time I called with a question I talked to Jason Mitchell himself.

I have used them for a couple seasons.

The spring bobber rod is great for pannies.

The Perch rod I have used for perch and eyes.

Th 28" eye rod has also been a good one.

The Meatstick could also be used for a deadstick or a panfish rod as the tip is very sensitive. One must be fairly careful with this rod as the tip is sensitive but thin.

The Mackinaw. A great rod for those lakers or bigger northerns. I have a Abu baitcaster on mine and love it.

I guess you can tell I am more than happy with my Mitchell rods and the performance they have given me.

Watch for Jason's new line of rods with reels coming soon.

http://jasonmitchellrods.com/ice.php

I picked up a few this year, I havent used them yet, but they sure look and feel like a nice quality rod. I will be ordering more, as I am trying to replace some of my older walmart specials, and you cant beat the price for the quality on the Jason Mitchell rods!

The meatstick does not have a spring bobber. It is a rod that is designed progressively heavier form the tip to the handle. The tip is extremely sensitive and then gets a little stiffer as you move back to the handle.

Spring bobber rods have a spring bobber built in to the rod tip.

Check it out at http://jasonmitchellrods.com/ice.php

Bass

The Meatstick has a very forgiving tip, what one would classify as a deadstick rod if you will. You can use it as such and it works great, but it also works great for dropper rigs and for crappie fishing when you dont want to use a spring bobber.

This rod is very delicate though and you need to watch the tip so it does not break. The sensitivity is great though and I have used it on many species, including landing a 26 inch walleye on it last season. It does have backbone to land the big ones too.