• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

thermostat on vent free heater

korn_fish

Looking at putting a vent free heater in my 6.6X14 and wondering about the thermostats. I heard that some are variable and increase or decrease flame between min and max btu but never goes to pilot only and that ohers simply turn burner to high, medium, low or off (pilot).

those of you that have vent free wall mounts, can you provide any feedback on how your thermostat really works and the model?

My thoughts are that I can slightly overpower with the max BTU for initial heating, but my fear is that once it is heated up, the lowest setting will still be too hot. Ideally I can find one that has variable heat control between high and low (not be either high or low) and also turn itself to pilot only.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Korn

I was recently looking at heaters for my permanent house. I had similiar questions. There were variable settings on some and then thermostats on another model, like the "fishhouse" model.

I couldn't believe the thermostat icehouse heaters were an extra $40 for 10,000 BTU models at Fleet Farm.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Dyno Glo make?

I have the dyno glo and it works great I have had it for 2 years now I it heats up the shack real nice 8X14 and since it has a thermastat I save a lot in gas it get's to a certan temp and shuts off I don't know how many btu it is but its the med size one i can bake my self out fo there real easy if I want the only problem I have with it is It has the same igniter as a gas grill and it can take a little bit to get the pilot lit other then that it's great and seening that it's vent less I was a little worried about CO but I got a CO alarm and haven't had a problem with it hope i could help a little

Can someone tell me where they purchased a Dyno Glo? I was planing on putting a vented smokestack type of heater in my recently completed 7' x 9' ice house. However, if I could avoid drilling a hole in my roof, i would certainly like to not create this potential leak source. It is roofed in steel barn siding and currently is impervious to the elements. Some feedback I had on ventless heaters ( i.e,; Budy Heaters, etc) is that they will make your house "sweat" too much. Any response to this concern? Thanks

GRAND DAD,
I have a Dyna glo in my house also, I had a problem last year, when it was hot enought for the thermostat to kick in and shut it down, it made a horbile hissing noise and the flam actually grew bigger instead of shutting down?? you ever have a similiar problem????