• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

In Need Of A Good Quick Image Hosting Site For Dial-up

Well, when things are going great, what do they do? They shut it down.

AOL Picture Center is closing as of Dec. 31st and as of last weekend, no more uploading images.

I know not many use AOL for a hosting site, but I sure have. I have dial up still and with AOL, I could upload a good quality image in 35-40 seconds, when choosing to fast/quick share option. I have been trying every major image hosting site now for the last couple of days and found uploading one image while using dial-up takes 3-4 minutes crazy.

Anyone one else know of a good image hosting site that uploads quick while doing the Dial-up thing?

I think it had something to do with the fact my browser is AOL and server speed, because I have signed up to every photo hosting site I know of and they all take at least triple or more of the time it took with AOL.

I have filed a complaint, but it is a loosing battle.

If I up-loaded 25 images on AOL, it took about a 1/2 hour. The other night on Photo-Bucket, it took 2.5 hours crazy.

Maybe I am doomed for future image sharing? frown , that or paying an un-godly amount for rural or satellite high speed. Just to put images on FM, I would go from $9.95 per month to about $60.00 per month.

Thanks for any help!

that or paying an un-godly amount for rural or satellite high speed. Just to put images on FM, I would go from $9.95 per month to about $60.00 per month.

And well worth it, I might add. grin After all, what else do you have to spend all your money on? wink

mmeyer,

I have used Windows Photo Gallery for my import area of photos. Then uploaded them into AOL Pictures. When I would right click them from AOL Pictures, they where all ways the right size for submiting them to FM.

Now, I fully understand why so many on FM'ers do not post images. If you have dial-up, I do not blame them crazy.

I rarely even rant on FM, but I will now grin.

Because some top who knows who decides to cut a program, the paying member has to suffer mad. Seriously, I would take an image, import to my computer, upload to AOL, right click and get a URL and then paste to FM. 4-5 minutes topes from when a quick informational image was taken.

I am speechless!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying for well over an hour to get a URL for one image from the new site (almost 10 minutes to upload) and still have not found an URL. All I get is this:

http://www.photoworks.com/servlet/GetThumb;jsessionid=AD5E3B97C9899E5E0A3C66847F041941?578295845,68x90,0,0,null,0&cb=PW_APM&toh=&svr=web29

American Greeting Photo Works is terrible for any dial up user and maybe high speed user as well!

I guess I have to get High Speed mad!

Maybe I am not doing Photobucket correct? I know with AOL, they had a fast/sharing option, verses a high quality version upload? As far as I can see, there is not selection between the both on Photobucket?

X,

You are right grin

Quote:
After all, what else do you have to spend all your money on?

Well now it will be high speed, better camera and Photoshop grin.

I figure if I have to spend the money, why not get into it like you guys do grin

gringrin

After almost 4 days, I give up wink

Originally Posted By: shackbash
that or paying an un-godly amount for rural or satellite high speed. Just to put images on FM, I would go from $9.95 per month to about $60.00 per month.

And well worth it, I might add. grin After all, what else do you have to spend all your money on? wink

Not to discuss buisness here but satellite internet is 49.99 not 60. I sell and install the WB product and many folks are super happy with it when they have no other option. otherwise you could maybe us a cell phone carrier as well.

Paul,

Not to be puude, but when you add in the tax's and other junk it comes out to about $60.00 grin

If you can get it for a grand total of $49.95 a month, I would be intrested wink

That is why I put $60.00, as a round total figure.

Shack I think that MM wanted you to make the photos as small as you could before you uploaded them to your host site. I know that I am guilty of letting Photobucket do it for me but I have DSL so it is pretty quick. I do know that the software that came with my Canon will let you determine the size of the photo that you are trying to export to the host so you will upload a smaller image with the hope that it load quicker. When I say smaller I mean less pixels but the overall image size is still the same.Hope this helps and I do feel for you cause I have had to resort to dial up and it will limit you to what you will post.