• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brown's Bay Tonka access tune-up

Ice-9

A friend and I plan to tackle the Brown's Bay ice access (off hwy 12) before ice-up. Hope to smooth it out and improve the slope for driving access to the ice, maybe move a few of those slabs a bit. My truck doesn't have very good clearance and if you've been wondering who left all that green paint on the rocks, well, wonder no more. Probably not that big a job, and many hands make light work. Anybody else want to pitch in, maybe suggest a date?

ice

yeah, good point. But not good enough...I'm not planning anything grand, so I guess this will be one of those "better to apologize than ask permission". Actually I was hoping mainly to meet some of the anglers on that lake and pump them for info. You guys can take up a collection to go my bail if I get jugged for it.

ice

I fished Brown's bay about 4 yrs. ago. quite heavily, I usually drove a Suzuki Swift, boy what a ride that was. Getting up that hill was not easy. To make it more interesting I had my fish house strapped to the top, home made 4x8 when it was dark, my house had a very lit up look to it red and white. It was scary getting off the lake, had to make sure no one was coming, never could tell how far I was going to be launched. big crappies though. I usually fished 12-15 ft. of water. somewhat in the middle of the bay.
I could possibly help out, however, I do not want to about it illegally.