• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trails end 307

One guy I know uses it all throughout bow season and has had good luck with it. Lots of does and small bucks are curious and check it out but he has never had a big boy come in because of it.

I use it for bowhunting and think it's one of the better ones out there. My experiences with it is using it as an attractant during and before the rut, and when deer are in the area but out of range. It seems to spark their curiosity and pull them in closer.

I agree with so haaad. I've used it religiously for many years and have good luck with it from early bow season on. Put it on a couple of scent wicks on either side of your stand and you should have some luck. It seams to have a calming effect for nervous deer as well.

307 has seemed to work ok for me the few times I have used it. Once I threw a 307 soaked wick up in a branch and within two minutes 3 does came from downwind on an all out bounding, jumping run from 250yds. with their noses back and forth up in the air the entire way. That was the only time I have truly had any reaction to a scent including a few various doe estrous scents.

I consider using the scents more often but I really believe a person will have better luck with the draw no attention approach.

Think about what happens when you walk to put the wick out, human scent trails all around your stand. And if you put the scent right next to you than you are possibly drawing unwanted attention.

I guess for gun hunting as long as you just put it out on your walk into your stand than it may be worth a shot.

I have switched from the trails end to the doe in estrus now. I used trails end earlier in the season. Last night, an 8 pointer was walking along the corn field and drew a B-line for the estrus.

I also think about putting the scent out and leaving mine all over the place. I'm careful not to touch anything while i put them up. I have alligator clips on my scent tubes, they just clip on the branch, not need to grab it. They are pretty slick.