• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morning vs. Evening

My best luck has been before 8 in the morning. Earliest was 20 minutes after sun-up. I'm usually in my stand at least 1 1/2 hours before sun up. I love it when other guys show up at 7:00am and push those deer towards me. Thanks guys. Didn't see many last year. Only saw coyotes. Hope that's not the case this year.

I've shot almost all of my gun deer on morning hunts. Some of that's to do with the spots I have access to then being morning spots.

When I first started killing deer with the bow they were primarily morning, but it's definitely swung the other way for me now. Naturally they tend to feed more normally int the evening during bow season. When the guns are booming they're either dead or most are smarter then to come out before dark.

I rarely am in a stand in the 10-3 range. Gun hunting I've usually shot one by then. Bow hunting I've got things to do before the evening hunt.

I keep a journal of all my hunting. I have hunted approx 1/3 more evening stands than morning. I have shot approx 1/3 more deer in the morning. Also, most of my bigger bucks have come from morning stands.

I usually just sit all day. Last year i shot mine 30 minutes before noon. It came running straight to my scent stick with doe estrus.

All the big bucks my groups got was in all different time of the day. So i would say you can't go wrong sitting all day. Better then sitting at home.. =D

Morning has always been the best. Seems my best times for the stand I hunt are between 8:oo-9:30. First couple of days usually sit all day.
You must be sitting my very exact stand! down to the all day sit! Actually I have been sitting there this last weekend and they all came in near midday.