• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

frabill speed shack

opsirc

I've had the cub for 8 years and it's still in good shape. I really like the way it sets up and the bonus is the walls won't blow in on you in the wind because of the framework in the "scissor" style pop up. (I'm not sure whate else to call it) I would buy a speed shack again. I'd go for the larger model this time though for the extra room. I originally bought the cub because it was the largest shack (of any brand) I could stuff into my toyota corrolla. (fits in the back seat).

as stated the speed shak doesn't pull as easy as some of the houses out there(flip over type).. however they are a piece of cake to set up, anybody could do it..it has black fabric(needs less heat)(and darker for shallow water sight fishing).. all in all a very decent house...

I have a speed shack XL. I love it for when I take the kids. It's 6X6X6 and sets up in the strongest wind and has a great tarp. Pulling is a problem if there is fresh snow. Build a sled out of a pair of old skis and 1" conduit. Pretty easy and well worth it. Pull like a hot knife through butter.

I have a Speed Shak Cub, and I love it. Like someone else said, it sets up easily and is very comfortable to fish out of. It is harder to pull than the 'tub' style sleds, but I have the tow hitch for mine and the ATV pulls it just fine. I would buy another one in a heartbeat...

I have fished out of a speed shak xl, its great for two people, plenty of room. it is a little heavy for one person to lift into a truck. and who says they aren't protable, a friend of mine had his set up last season. i decided to move so i hooked up my otter to my truck and pulled it over to a different spot a short distance away. my friend thought that it looked like a good idea to pull by truck so he hooked up, while it was set up... and away he went. he had to borrow a shovel to remove about three feet of snow from the inside. it was one of the funniest things i ever saw. he learned after that....

I've had my XL for a few years and really enjoy it. It's very easy to set up, there's space inside and like the other replys say, not the easiest drag in snow, however, I built a sled with some garage sale skis and it's not an issue anymore. I think it's money well spent. One more thing, it's black and on a sunny day, you almost don't need bottled heat. Good Luck!

I use a Frabill Speed Shack XL...a Great unit!

Set up in 2 min...very easy...mark da holes..drill-um...push it back...fish'n in less then 5. No $#& mid floor seam to trip over like in most suitcase style shacks..that feature is very nice.

Fish 4 with comfort..two in real style.

Very durable units that last years & years.

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]