• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good books??

sarah505

Hi, I want to give my boyfriend a book for Christmas but I haven’t really heard of any good ones recently. Can you guys help me out? What have you been reading and was it any good? I can’t seem to find any good books around, it’s so weird, somehow all the books I find are either totally bad or he already knows them. Anyways, thanks for your help in advance :-)

o.O, what is his interest...how old is he?

I like political books...like FIASCO..but that's a bit outdated.

If he's too peppy and happy, bring him down a little with a book called "To Live".

Current book i'm reading is "Dr Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creations." It's really a funny, well written, educational book and it's not dirty as it's name suggests.

Legacy of Ashes is pretty good too. Talks about the failures of the CIA.

Here's some I can't seem to find but would like to.

Non-Radicals I Have Known by Barack Obama

The Presidential Veto by George Walker Bush

Regulation of the Financial Industry - Why Less isn't always More by Alan Greenspan

Interns I Didn't Sleep With by Bill Clinton

The Bush Doctrine by Sarah Palin

Tough Love in the Investment House Business by Henry Paulson

Personal Responsibility by Any Democratic Legislator

Fiscal Conservative Behavior by Any Recent GOP Legislator

Heck I got a few more.

Moral High Ground- by members of Congress.

Geneva Accords and Human Rights - by Donald Rumsfeld.

A Study of Clauswitz and Sun Tzu - by George W. Bush.

How I Saved Iraq from Sectarian Violence - by Paul Bremer.

Hi, I want to give my boyfriend a book for Christmas but I haven’t really heard of any good ones recently. Can you guys help me out? What have you been reading and was it any good? I can’t seem to find any good books around, it’s so weird, somehow all the books I find are either totally bad or he already knows them. Anyways, thanks for your help in advance :-)

Quite possibly the best book I have ever read. I have purchased it numerous times for relatives and friends.

Luttrellbook.jpg

i recently read a book written by a northern mn game warden. couldnt put it down. it was short stories of events he encountered while on duty, but i will be danged if i can remember its title. a lot of help....ha, sorry. eekfrown

It was mentioned above - "They used to call us game wardens" by Bill Callies. You can get them at fleet farm. Bill had two books, and I pretty much read them in one sitting, could not put them down.

There is another series of stories by a Grand Rapids area warden that is also very good. Again, I got that at Fleet.

I would suggest "Blood and Thunder" I can't recall the author off the top of my head.

The book is about Kit Carson and the exploration and expansion westward. Its a basically a non-fiction story of manifest destiny told through the life of Carson who was a major character in the history of the time. Carson started as a trapper and became a scout for the army and then an Indian Agent.

Its very interesting and entertaining. It goes into detail on many of the Indian tribes and the interactions that took place. It goes into the battles that were fought and it touches on some of the politics of the time.

Normally I am not a big reader but I found it to be a very good read.

Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich
What kind of books does he like? My fave author is William Kent Krueger, they are murder mysteries that take place in upper minnesota. I have loved all his books and suggest them to all.

Just finished his newest one "Red Knife"

I'm about 1/2 way through.

I read the Poacher Caught book by Tom Chapins...interesting short stories and I am looking forward to reading Poachers Caught 2......also if he has never read The Last American Man I suggest this book as it is a very interesting true story......

Originally Posted By: fishorgolf
Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich
What kind of books does he like? My fave author is William Kent Krueger, they are murder mysteries that take place in upper minnesota. I have loved all his books and suggest them to all.

Just finished his newest one "Red Knife"

I'm about 1/2 way through.

Once you get about 2/3's of the way you will not be able to put it down.