• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what will it be this year (new revolutionary items we all NEED)

say_der

I threw this topic out about a month ago.

http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum30/HTML/004651.html

Looks like there will be some mighty fine items this year. For me, it'll just be my new permanent house I'm building for this winter.

I don't think anything will top the buzz stix as far as innovation and fish catching ability goes.

Bring on the ice!! wink.gif

One I predict that will be a Big Splash this season, and I mean a BIG SPLASH, is the new GIANT size SALMO Chubby Darter..."Da ><sUMo> CHUBBY". This critter will change the way toothy critters are caught under the ice for many anglers. It has been a hot pick on open water this season for vertical jigging and...(get this)..even for casting.

TA-Da! "In this corner weighing in at 3-1/4 oz and measuring a whopping 5-1/2"...IT'S....Da....SUMO CHUBBY!
giant_colors.jpg

The other new hot contenders from Salmo for ice season 2004-2005 is the new colors in the Chubbys.
chubby_colors.jpg
A new (GMO) or the Gold/Metallic/Orange that will be a hot one for sure, and the big hit...the long awaited new (LOD) color, or the Luminescent Orange Dace Chubby Darter, that will be a sure fire sell out once it hits the shelves. I have been after Salmo for 3 years to get these new patterns out, and they are a nifty deal guys.

What you do not want to forget is, these critters work very well in the fall too, on open water. wink.gif

Get ready to dip your Chubbys guys...We Ha!

grin.gif

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

I too posted on this thread last time, but has anyone seen the inflatable tubes that go in the hole.I guess that when you come back to your spot just let the air out and pull the tube out and start fishing.
I think the company had an advertising spot on this site.

I watched a guy catch a nice walleye using a Chubby Darter as the lead of a drop lure/search lure. A lot of uses for the Chubby Darters.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Salmo's in GMO Gold Metallic Orange are absolutely deadly. We've been pounding the 'eyes on them here in Bemidji for the past month vertical jigging. All I use for 'eyes in the winter are Phelp's Glow Spoons, Salmo Chubby Darters, and Custom Jigs and Spins Slender Spoons. Phelp's also has a new size spoon and a new glow red spoon in the lineup this year, should be deadly!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
mjbreuer...at...paulbunyan.net
-----------------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Bluewater Bait

ReadyRig has come out with a new ice rod carrying system. They have developed a back pack system with a detachable case that can hold tackle boxes, tips ups,GPS, cell phones, etc. The rod case section will hold upto six rods 34" in length.

This is going to be a great item for first ice when walking, carrying your ice equipment while drive ATV or snowmobile.

There will be 3 New rods from Nature Vision. 2 Buzzes and 1 Hotrod.

The first Buzz is just an improved version of the original. The button is now an extremely easy click button and we've bumped up the size of the cam so it offers more action.

The second Buzz is the Auto-Buzz. This stick has a Micro in it that has 3 preset buzzing patterns from Active, Neutral and Negative. This way you flip the switch and put the rod in it's holder and you have a deadsticking rod that buzzes...

The third rod is the Hot-Stix. This is an inexpensive icerod with a thermo-plastic hollow handle that has heat slots. So you take a hand warmer....activate it and then slide it into the handle for a nice toasty handle when you're fishing outside.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

I've got a few items up my sleeve for this winter season. A plastic "Rod Rocker" (for permanent ice houses) - Bucket Clip for my Rod Straps (fits on a 5-gallon bucket), and an Ice Fishing Floating Live well that is called the "Ice-Well". When these products are done and in my hands I will have pictures posted. I live for Ice Fishing!!!!!!
Bruce Mosher - Today's Tackle

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

Folke2000, sorry about the late reply, I didn't see your post.

The Chubby Darter has an up and out jigging action, so I usually start off with a short snap followed by several slow lifts and drops. I always try to keep the bait moving as if the minnow were trying to escape. With crappies I use the size 4 in yellow dace and use a lot less action, it seems that everytime there's a fish there he won't attack it until it's settling. People never use the Darter for crappies, and it's a severely underused weapon, especially on Red!!!

Jig the bait in a 5 gallon pail in your house, you'll see the action it has, and you'll be able to fine tune how you want it to act.