• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua Vu DVR owners

anderson_dc

I recently purchased an aqua vu dvr and i would like to get an SD card for it. I see that they have SD cards which go up to 8 GB now but when i called nature vision about this they said that the largest SD card you could use would be 3 GB.

My questions are have any of you guys used sd cards larger then 3 GB and have they worked?

Where would you even get a 3 GB sd card cause ive never heard of them?

How much video can you record on a 1, 2, 4, or 8 GB card?

Nature Vision's HSOforum said that you could only get about 2 hours of video on a 1 GB sd card but i thought i read on here that guys were getting much longer times. Thanks for your help!

Mark,

Max is a 2gb card that you can use (3gb doesn't exist)The amount of video you can get per gb is related to the amount of movement on the camera, etc. But I think you get about 15min for every 64mb give or take....

Thanks for all of the input fellas and you are correct about 2 gb cards being the largest they can handle (i called NV again this morning and got a better reasoning).

So with that said, how much video can a guy put on a 2 GB card? I think if i did the math right it would be around 5 hours and 20 minutes when assuming you can get 140 minutes on a 1 GB card (that is what NV told me you would get).

It will also vary depending on the brightness of your display image. I know with digital cameras a photo that is a bit over exposed is considerably larger than one that is properly exposed, usually by 1/3 of the size. Many variables play into the amount of storage something will eat up.

As some know, I am somewhat in the loop of NatureVision.. I made a phone call to get a few more answers.. This is what I got.

With the Aqua Vu DVR recording time is somewhat variable with the 2G SD cards. It varies anywhere from 2-4+ hours depending on the amount of Memory being used. Less motion uses less memory and that is why you get extended capturing time in a stationary setting when ice fishing and less time when used for open water use. One thing to point out is the unit is flexible in that you can delete unwanted footage one the water to free up space.

So, I hope this helps you out!

Mark,

Max is a 2gb card that you can use (3gb doesn't exist)The amount of video you can get per gb is related to the amount of movement on the camera, etc. But I think you get about 15min for every 64mb give or take....

You might be able to buy a 4GB card and it might just recognize the first 3GB of the card. Some technology is like that. It will accept higher amounts, but will only recognize up to the max that is can support. Computers RAM for instance does that. Computers will support a certain max RAM, but you can put an amount over that and while it will accept the RAM it will only use max amount that the computer can recognize.

Never tried it with an SD card, but it might work.

jpz,

Are you speaking about the HC cards?

NewEgg has a 4GB Transcend (TS4GSDC) Non-HC card for just under $8. At that price its cheap enough price to give it a try. Otherwise, if you're okay with the 2GB cards, then stick to that.

Are you guys speaking of the add on little box by nature vision or the actual built in camera with dvr they now make? My wife bought me a Aqua View SRX for my birthday and I have been wondering how they work. I looked at the possible dvr box by Nature Vision, or thought to just buy a camera to hook up to it.