• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jerkin'm

Backpack Bag for Marcum +Long Ice Rods

Looking for a backpack to hold long ice rods and the Marcum as well. Haven't been able to find one yet. Any ideas other than having one made? (which looks like the only solution)

Not sure how long your rods are or how big a bag you're looking for, but here's a possible solution. This bag has room for all my rods (8), tipups (2) and I'm still able to get all of my tackle in it.

Here you can find them here:
http://www.jrstackle.com/rodbags.html

jrsrodbag1.gif

------------------
Paul
ProStaff Director
FishingMinnesota
Iceleaders

[email protected]
Drake Motel
Marcum
Otter Outdoors
JR's Tackle
Lakemaster Lake Maps

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 09-07-2004).]

Those JR's Tackle rod bags are nice, I've seen them upclose and they are very durable and well put together.

Another option would be Stone Legacy's Revolution rod bag...

Revolution_white.gif
Revolution_End-View_Blue_-_white_bkg.jpg
Revolution_Backpack.JPG

The Revolution can hold 8 rod and reel combos and it also has a large storage area for misc. equipment. Very durable and mobile.

Stone Legacy Revolution

I haven't seen one yet that will hold your rods and a MarCum. Maybe someone else knows of one...

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

What length rod will it hold? Rods and Marcum together? It looks like the rods might take a beating in there w/the Marcum. Would be in some punishing conditions at high speed on sled trips over rough conditions.(A lot of bouncing)

I just use an old army backpack, has lots of room for everything,plus with all the pockets you can carry a little extra of anything

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• just saw it yesterday in Alex..darn good stuff too!!!
    • that is so great!!!!!  You folks are raising a good son!!!!  
    • Well I couldn’t make it over there yesterday, so my son went over today after school to tell her thank you but he’s going to take his stand down. After a 30 mins conversation with her, he now gained bow hunting, shotgun hunting and turkey season next spring. She told him that he has permission as does the other gentleman and don’t worry about it. This is where it gets good. Cole went out to his stand and guess who shows up asking what he’s doing. The other “kid”. Asking why he is back out there, Cole explained to him that he talked with the land owner and sees no reason why they both can’t be out there. The guy stormed off. So I called him a while ago.....yes the first 15 mins were not some of my best moments, but I finally was able to get to the bottom of his problem. He’s never shot a deer, he’s never shot anything and only took up hunting 3 years ago. Whoever has been “coaching” him has given him some very bad information. Told him things that I’ve never even heard of. So I told him not only will we help set you up, but we will move your stands into good spots, I will hang a double set if wanted and either myself or my son would be glad to sit with you and help walk you through the first time, video tape it and even offered to let him come sit in my ground blind on my field and get him a shot a doe any night. We are all meeting tomorrow night so i can go over some maps with him and show him where I would put my stands at if I were him. I told Him instead of running my son off who could a complete asset to him, learn from him. He might be only 15 but he’s a wealth of knowledge and loves everything about hunting, not just the killing part. He just wants to be in the woods and help others. Looks like a bad situation may turn into a good one.  I hope at some point this fall I can post a picture of my son guiding this gentleman to his first archery deer. 
    • Does anyone know of a place in the Brainerd Lakes area where you can rent a wheelhouse that you're able to tow yourself? I'm not referring to renting through a resort or guide, where you're restricted to the lake and spot they put the house on. I'm looking for one I can haul around. 
    • I did a search ans it seems a shortage happens once in a while. That search came from 2013 and it was the same problem. Hope it just a temporary thing because it makes such great toast.
    • I see it all the time at Cub. They had a big sale on it Sunday night - maybe they were trying to get rid of it.