• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seats for Portable

rod bender

Do a search on Butt Bridge in the Ice Fishing Forum.

T-Bone came up with a great set of plans that are pretty easy to make with basic wood working tools. It is curved to fit your butt, and takes a lot of strain off your back.

rod bender-

I use the econo version of Otter's seat, actually its Polar Sports seat but they are the same thing. Thorne Bros. had a good deal on them last winter and it fits my Otter den sled perfectly. Anyway, I can sit on it all day no problem. Yeah, the butt gets a little sore but I can't think of a seat you could sit on all day without it getting sore. I debated back and forth for the longest time between the smaller seat and the cushioned seat. I sat on one, then I'd sit on the other, then back to the other one, and so on until I bought the econo version. To me, it just seamed more comfortable and I'm completely happy with it.

I am wondering about ther bench seat for the otter. I am preparing to buy a magnum lodge and from what I have heard, the bracket type seats are fairly cumbersome to lug around, taking up much space. I have also heard the bench seat holds the cover up slightly, not allowing snow to pile up on drooped cover. I have not seen a benck seat on an otter yet, they are quite spendy and I also wonder if it will actually get in the way of loading and unloading gear. Anyone have the lowdown?