• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ranger xltwin mod

gvg_uwec

has anyone had problems with the bottoms being scratched ad scarred upp by pulling across rough glare ice? i got the idea to glueon a pair of old downhill skis to the 2 main runners that are molded on the bottom of my sled. I am mainly wondering if anyone has done anying similar to this instead of the expensive hyfax stuff.

I put runners made from the fronts of pop vending machines on my xltwin, on all my houses and a buddy who makes his own portables uses the whole thing for a floor. Very tough and fairly light and easy to come by. Just quality plexiglass is all they are. See if your local bottler will part with a few.

And the fish can look up and see Jeff Gordon or Mountain Dew on the bottom of your house!

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

I wonder how a piece of linoleum would work. Has anyone glued a piece of that on the bottom of your sled. I personally hate the idea of drilling holes into the bottom of my sled. Does anyone know of an adhesive that would withstand some cold and moisture.

i had glued the ski's that were given to my using subfloor adhesive...i did it before i left for college and havent been home to see if the adhesive held yet, like u said i dont like the idea of drilling in my tub also.

I have used hyfax, linolium, skis, wood, old fold up toboggans and even duck tape. By far the best and most durable was the hyfax.
I get mine from a sign maker in my area cheap. I think I did 6 guys houses last winter for about $40. I like the 3/8th or 1/4" thickness. It will last me longer than I will have my houses. Call your local sign makers or plastics companies and see if they are willing to sell ya some leftovers. Then just get a table saw and rip them to about 1.5" widths. That seems to work on most houses.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 09-12-2004).]