• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

skinnin a deer

paul pachowicz

there has been a short discussion on this topic but, I thought I'd mention how I skin em. I use a skinnin table I fabricated. I lay the animal on it, cut off the head, do neck and front legs, then about half way down the sides of the rib cage and the rumps. I hit the ligaments at the joints with a knife and "crack" the legs off at the joints. I hang it on a rigid hanging rack, grap the hide from the rump, press down with my other forearm all the way down to the neck and off it comes. Give it a quick wipe with a damp rag and then singe any hairs with a propane torch then into the walk-in cooler. No spinning carcass, very little bending, stooping or twisting. I also built one for the reciever hitch but, I have hooks bolted thru the upper bar, Again, no chasing it around in circles like off a gambrel If you'd be interested I'll send someone some pics of it and have it posted. "bout a 10 minute job.