• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another big bass contest???

TonkaBass

I think we should have one more big bass contest for this weekend. WHat do you guys think. This will be the last fishing for me for a week because I am going waterfowling in N.Dakota this coming week.

Secret word deitz?

Dang! I am dropping my boat off at Frankies for storage tomorrow. I know, I could fish. But, I have to get it in for winterization and storage when I have the chance. Other work is piling up at home!

Good luck. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Man, today was cold and windy with on and off snow and rain. The bite was slow and boat positioning was hard even on the "calm" side. The gusts were pretty storng. Managed a few despite the wind.

DSCN1604.jpg

DSCN1602.jpg

DSCN1607.jpg

DSCN1610.jpg

I also got my much needed new seats from Ranger! What do you guys think. At the very least my lower back doesn't hurt so bad when going through the bigger waves!

Before...

DSCN1588.jpg

After...

DSCN1614.jpg

Forgot to check the bass forum again. Oh well, I can put up a pic. I'll back Tonka up, boat positioning was impossible anywhere more than 50 feet from the calm shore. The good news is the bass on this particular lake appeared to be looking for frogs entering the lake. Got one just under 21". I though it would go over 22, but I think the weather altered my perception (and don't make fun of my muskie measuring stick). Dwarfs the snake my dad caught to complete a double. No word though, or a pic of the full fish on the board (my brother shouldn't be allowed to operate the camera).

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

I took Thurs and Fri off so I missed the secret word, but the fishing was awesome! I lost count of the 3 to 4 pound bass I caught. I also had a upper 40's inch muskie follow my buzzbait to the boat. That got the heart pumping!

Here is a shot of my largest of the weekend. It was 20.5" and 5lb 9oz.

l_3950d32578534cb1a63b1f488f18863c.jpg

I got skunked Friday afternoon. Was on the lake at 3:45 and I fished till 6:30. I tried the rage tail shad, Zara spook, Minus one, spinner bait, buzz bait, and a wacky rigged sinko... Nothing. I had at least 8 or 9 swing and misses on the rage and the spook. Water temp was 50 degrees and the water was clear so I'm thinking either that lake turned already or was just about to. Still very weird to have that many fish simply miss the hook. I did set the hook on one and felt the weight but she came unbuttoned after a second or so... Frustrating. I'll try to get out at least a couple more times yet.