• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soo Line

Big Dave2

Northern or southern part?

"The entire trail is 226 miles long. This includes the 112-mile Northern Route from Moose Lake in Carlton County to Cass Lake in Cass County and the 114-mile Southern Route from Genola in Morrison County to Superior in Douglas County, Wisconsin."

Over the years I have run several parts of both, but never the entire thing at once. Also they connect, but go different places so doing the "whole thing" would be difficult. At 226 miles I'd think there would have to be some camping involved to do the whole thing. wink

I've thought about the same thing only on rangers, get 3 or 4 together ride from Hwy 10 (little falls) to cass lake, ride back to the split and go to superior, then ride back to little falls.

Soo line south now goes to Little Falls instead of stopping at Genola. We rode from Moose Lake to Palisade on the the Soo line North last weekend. Plenty dusty and rough. Ridden most every section. Most we ever did was 106 miles in one day. That was enough.

talked to a couple guys a few years ago up there who rode the entire North and South Soo Lines. Took 2 days so yes, camping is a must.

That much seat time would result in a bad case of chaffage.