• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

suspension wheels on fishouse trailer

korn_fish

I have been loking at several different trailers and wheel sets, and the suspension leaf springs have become suspect to me.

It looks like a single leaf partially stuck in a square tube in such a manner that I can't see any flex when two grown men are jumping up and down over one of the wheels.

How much do these actually help?

Korn: I have the same system and it works well. I have four leafs on mine inserted into the square tube, and they do flex when on the road. I'm on my second set of tires and have had my unit for ten years this season. You don't want the springs to soft or it will start fishtailing, no pun intended... I find that I don't need shocks either and I travel at the posted, plus, on the freeway without any problems. I even use the house for camping with the grandkids in the summer too....Kaz

Korn: Mine is a Kingcrow, made in Kingston MN, just north of Cokoto on Hwy 15, west of the Twin cities. They have a HSOforum.... I bought the finished shell, and did the rest myself...Kaz

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 08-24-2004).]

I agree with Kaz on the need and support.
You want the weight of the house on the springs/suspension not your lowering mechanism.
With that said though over the years my family has had various houses from home made jobs to custom built.
Without mentioning names There are a few that pull and travel much better than others. Mine is similar to the set up Kaz has, but one of my dads is a three spring that makes my ride and pull pathetic in comparison to his...I pull it "camping" its his during Ice season.. lol
We have had (5) houses in past five years but all had the leaf spring set up..just different approaches from one to another.