• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I.C.E. Series

Bobberboy

Hey Breuer! Yep, its gonna be a lot of fun again this year! I know hanson already has plans to catch a monster pout, but I've seen you pull up some pigs and you two might be neck and neck this winter smile.gif This year I won't put a dent in my truck driving in the forest grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icefisherman 73, obviously we won't be able to get something going for this season but I think we have a great chance for next year.
I have contacted the Hayward Lakes Area Vacation and Tourism Center and they were very helpful.
It would seem that lodging is not an issue. They have 10 hotels in town , plus the resort accommodations in the surrounding area.
Nelson Lake is a little over 2500 acres so size should be no problem. It holds a strong Population of Walleye, Northern, Bass, Crappie and Big Gills. I believe that Nelson holds the state record for the Brown Bullhead. A little something for the Pout lover.
I have some information on who to contact for a HQ for the contest. I most likely will try to fish Nelson early this winter to see what's what and talk to the prospective HQ.

Pray for COLD WEATHER!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-28-2004).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Bobberboy,
don't say not possible too soon. Dennis Steele and Matt Johnson are both working on your behalf for an ICE Series event in Wisconsin this year. Your assistance will be appreciated.

I was wondering if someone from Ice Leaders should contact the potential HQ? I'm sure there would be questions that I could not answer and also questions that should be asked that I don't know. The name I was given to contact is Nelson Lake Landing 715-724-2992. Keep me posted.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to help with anything, but if a guy living in Woodruff, WI (probably 2 - 2 1/2 hours away from Hayward) could help with getting an ICE event on Nelson Lake, or some other lake for that matter, please let me know!

Dennis, I just want to say thanks, for all the good work you guys do.
I'm a Wisconsin boy living in Minnesota and I have been impressed with the resources available to Ice Fisherman in Minnesota. I hope that by bringing an ICE series event to Wisconsin it will help to start creating more interest and stimulate more Resorts to develop and promote Ice Fishing in Wisconsin.
I was not able to get a email through to you. Our server doesn't seem to like yahoo.
Again, if I can be of assistance please let me know.

Nelson would be a good lake to try. Lots of hotels and a good number of Pike, Crappie, Walleye and Perch. Stfcatfish and myself fished it several times. A guy can set up tip ups for pike/walleye and go a little ways away and jig up some Crappie.

Little King-

Was wondering where you found that list. Found it, Rick edited the first post in this thread.

I'm liking that Rainy Lake event at Woody's. Never been there, been wanting to go, now I have a reason!

Too bad LOW & Red aren't up there. Suppose you got to hit different lakes every year.

Dave,
Welcome to the site. It's a great place to get info. Also comes in handy for meeting up with some new fishing partners. I just got back from the Brule river in your home state. My partner did well and he is showing me the ropes. Some day soon I'll keep one of those Browns on the line long enough to get it into my net grin.gif.
Take care, Tom (BD110)

[This message has been edited by BD110 (edited 09-08-2004).]

Dave,
I would also like to welcome you to the site. Being born and raised for Forty years in Wisconsin and only 5 years in Minnesota it good to have some info from Indianhead country. What part of the state are you located?

Pray for ice

I live near Omro (west of Oshkosh 8 miles). I fish mostly on the Winnebago system, during open water, but I like to fish some of the smaller lakes in the area also during ice season. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm always looking for guys to fish with if anyone is in the area. Dave

That was one heck of a pout! I got one half the size and it put me in 4th place! I came into the weigh-in figuring I'd have one of the biggest lawyers there...boy did my jaw DROP! Too bad the series isnt visiting Red this year...I sure am going to miss pulling those slabs after the contest when the sun goes down...now THAT was cool! Last year I attended the Winnie event, the Red Lake event, and of course the LOW event...they were all a blast!!

[This message has been edited by Bigred70 (edited 09-09-2004).]