• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bobberboy

I.C.E. Series

When do they set the dates for the I.C.E. Series events? If they have already done so does anyone know the date for Winnie?

Here are the tentaive dates and locations:

Jan 8th - Winnie - Denny's Resort
Jan 22nd - Mille Lacs - Rocky Reef
Jan 29th- Burntside Laker Bash - Ely Area
Feb 5th - Minnetonka - Spring Park Bay Public Access
Feb 12th - Rush Lake - CJ's on Rush
March 19th - Rainy Lake - Woody's

Wisconsin Lake to be added when Bobberboy finds a good lake smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-27-2004).]

The dates are still being set. Once they are finalized I'll post them here. Shouldn't be long...

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Where would you have one in WI? Being an old Wisconsin boy myself I would love to get involved.

I was thinking they could be held on any of the flowages,That way its a big enough body of water so youre not cramped together and with all the different depths and bottom structure, you have a good selection of fish.

icefisherman,
use the "Contact Us" link below to send your info so we can consider starting an ICE Series in WI.

GREAT IDEA!!

I have to agree! It would be great to see the ICE series expand into Wisconsin. Petenwell or Castle Rock flowages in central Wisconsin, or the Rainbow flowage in northern Wisconsin, would be great venues.

Here's my three: Chippewa Flowage, Island Chain on the Chippewa Rusk County line and Nelson Lake in Northern WI.

Chris- there is no series called "Metro Ice Series". But there were several "get togethers" last year. Matt and myself have already been talking of where for some get togethers this year.

Stay Tuned!

------------------
Brian Rogers

Iceleaders
JR's Tackle

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 08-23-2004).]

Chris,
We have normally about 4-5 "Metro Get Togethers" every winter. These are basically just a chance for everyone to get together and fish for day for fun and company. No cost and not as many people (although a few of them saw quite a few people smile.gif) Anyone can host a Metro Get Together, all they need to do is pick a lake, a date, and a time and post it here on FM under the Metro Forum. Last year we had one at Linwood Lake, Medicine Lake, Lake Minnetonka, Chisago Lake...help me out here smile.gif Am I missing any?
Always a fun time at the Metro Get Togethers and we will sometimes meet for breakfast or dinner too. Sometimes we catch fish, sometimes we don't, and sometimes we go out for breakfast and dinner and hardly fish at all grin.gif ...(Chisago smile.gif)

The ICE Series is a statewide contest series at some of the best ice fishing destinations. Last year we fished Lake Winnibigoshish, Mille Lacs Lake, Red Lake, and Lake of the Woods. A lot of great prizes are given out as well as a trophy for first, second and third place, and also for big fish. The ICE Series is a multi-species contest where the most weight wins (all regulations apply, both state and lake). Last year we saw some nice perch, walleye, crappies, pike, eelpout, sauger and tulibee weighed in (did I miss any?). This winter will be no exception and I plan on the ICE Series being bigger and better!

If you want to read up more about the ICE Series check out the Ice Leaders webpage...

Ice Leaders

Or else feel free to ask any questions here. (I'll see you on sunday too Chris smile.gif)

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

I was just curious about giving us LETS Metro guys something to do in the winter. I went to the Linwood event last year, but it was hard to tell who was who.

I hate to step out and make predictions for the ICE series this winter but I think I have largest Eelpout on LOW with my name all over it!! smile.gif

Shawn,
I got your e-mail and we are working on it.

Hopefully you will receive some help from a couple of the IceLeaders Pro Staff I've asked to help you.

They should be contacting you shortly.

We would like to be able to announce your Wisconsin IceLeaders Event by the end of September if possible. smile.gif

I wwould love to help with this project in anyway I can. Please let me know what I can do.

Bobberboy,
Some of the things they are looking for in a lake are:
-safe ice conditions (for driving) they are concerned about the ice on the flowages
-plowed ice roads (for ease of movement on the lake)
-close accomidations (hotels,cabins,etc)
-a good# and variety of fish
-large enough for the event
-some sort of lodge or building on the lake for the HQ is a plus.
Any help would be great

Typically from 50 to 500.

More in the 200 range for planning purposes.

I can't wait for the ICE Series events this year. It should be a great time much like last year!!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
mjbreuer...at...paulbunyan.net
-----------------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Bluewater Bait

Ah - that's right, I know where it is now! Hey, I'd be all up for an ICE event there, it's not toooo bad of a drive for me. What I've heard about Nelson is that it's an excellent fishery.