• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Preview a post

HuntBigFish

Hey Cjac, when my dad logs in all he has to do is move the cursor (hand) over the post (subject) and it shows a preview (the first several lines or image) of that post, but it doesn't do that on mine when I log in. Do you know how I can add that feature? Thank you.

Hunter

before my last computer went out i had windows XP and that did'nt work. the new computer has vista and now it does. so i'm leaning toward what the other guys said. but if you do change keep in mind your other equipment might not work. i.e. printer, fax, scanner etc. one of the things that angered me about vista. and the fact that sending certain places/people e-mails is a pain.

Actually that is part of this forums software. The setting should be in your profile "My Stuff". It is user unique so make sure the settings are correct.

You can turn that feature on or off.

I knew it was a profile/preference setting but couldn't find specifically where it was at.

Under the "My Stuff" menu, click on "Profile", about halfway down the Profile menu is this setting:

Show Tooltip (1-yes, 0-no)

This is the setting that controls it, 1 for if you want the preview and 0 for no preview when you "mouse" over stuff.