• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable Fish Houses

MT Net

SPIN DRY,
I might just have to do that. A little extra room is always nice. I have to agree, it would make an excellent one man fish house grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

LundExplorer,

This butt bridge you speak of, was it expensive to build? How heavy is it? Is it better than the bench Otter makes? Sorry so many questions, I'm looking to purchase seats for my Lodge this year and would like to go with something nice. Thanks!

One more note on the Eskimos. I have the QFII. I am really happy with it after one season. The zipper can ice up, and it's not as warm as some others, but unless it's really blowing, it stays warm with a small propane heater.

There is a design issue with the pop buttons that hold the poles in the extended position. I had two break last year. However, when I called Ardisam customer service, they promptly sent me a half dozen replacement snaps, free of charge. Can't beat that for service.

I got it as a late season buy, and for the price (under $200) I don't think that I will regret the purchase. You can get heavier canvas, etc. But for the money, I think it's a great house.

I bought a Fish Trap Pro last winter. I only got to use it a few times so far, but it works great! Warm, light weight, spacious for one person, lots of storage, and compact. It easily fits in the back of my Blazer.

------------------

<*)))))))><{

I couldnt find any pics.

Another thing I do is put the winch stand from the boat trailer on the snowmobile trailer, to aid in loading. the sled I have(towed by snowmobile) isnt anything I'd want to pull by hand, let alone drag it up on the trailer loaded alone. it isnt heavy empty. but, why unload it, to load it?
Ill try to get some pics together, right now things are scatered.

I used my otter magnum a lot in the winter. I have made some seats for it using boat seats. I welded a simple frame and attached a $20 boat seat from fleet farm. I left them so they are removable. I can put all my gear underneath and then through the seats on top with the travel cover and down the ice i go. I have been looking at the hand-e-house made my Ryan Atv products. They look slick as heck. A little pricey but what isn't. I am thinking that this would be the way to go for early and late ice when using my wheeler. Nothing to drag and fast and very portable. I fish by myself quite a bit and the otter can get pretty heavy to load in and out of the truck.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes at yahoo.com

trollneyes, I think it's the Fish Trap brand. I got it when the ice fishing stuff was going on clearance at Wal-Mart. WalMart had dropped the price to $100. I put it on lay-a-way. Took the lay-a-way receipt to Gander Mountain, they sold it to me in accordance with their price-match guarantee. That got it down to $50 so I jumped on it. I should have bought all three at that price.

So, I go up to walmart and get my lay-a-way down payment back. I'm planning on doing that for a few boating items if they hurry up and put them on clearance.

I need a new boat cover (my old one just ripped... user error... ack!)

i just bought a frabill last year, an older ranger twin model, loved it. perfect for 1 or 2 guys, i would strongly recommend frabill to anyone looking for a fish house.

seaguar-
i was also thinking of the swivel boat seats. could you let me know how yours turn out?

esox:

I think someone posted that the buttbridge weighs about 6 lbs, thats about right.

I stow all my gear under them, and pull the cover over them, works great. They were not expensive, about $20-25 in wood and hardware.

I have seen the bench seat, and it looks nice but heavy. That is why I made these.

I built one right from the TBone's plans the first time around. My 2nd one has a wider seat and back, and more curve to the seat bottom. If you are a bigger guy you'll probably want to do this.

I also made mine so that the seat back folds all the way back so it can lay flat to get the cover over it. The mods for this year will probably be foam pads on the seat & maybe some can holders?

With the way the new otters have the canvas mounted to the sled, the back of the seat may not work as shown. Instead, eliminate the back lip of the seat base that hangs over the back edge of the sled & drill a hole thru the top edge of the sled. Use a bolt or peg to hold the back of the seat onto the sled. This will prevent the back of the seat from falling into the sled, been there, not fun.

If you have questions email me at trl2371 'at' comcast ' dot' net, I'll help you out.