• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Underwater Camera for Ice Fishing

Philo

As for the DIY camera I made one a few years back. Everything worked find when I had it inside, but it only worked for about 15 minutes when I put it under water. There, apparently, was the smallest of leaks and as we all know water and electronics don't play well together. The screen became cloudy, and then kaput, all gone.

I did my best to make it, and didn't cut any corners. But I must have missed something somewhere. If you make one, be very, very careful.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-27-2004).]

In my book the best bang for the buck is the Aqua View SV with the addition of a Mo-Pod camera control unit.

The single most user friendly tool I have used on any underwater camera system is the Direct-Tech OSD showing which direction the camera is facing underwater, or in simple terms the compass feature.

The Aqua View SV has a very user friendly and accurate compass to orient yourself to the fish and/or the structure below. Find fish, track fish, know where there going next and where you are now on the structure...NOW that is handy!

With the addition of the Aqua View Mo-Pod remote camera system you gain the ease of control of the camera in both vertical and horizontal planes (340-degree rotation, provides continuous 360-degree viewing) while located anywhere nearby and actively fishing. The Mo-Pods small remote control clips to jacket, hat, or ice rod, so it keeps your hands free to fish.

If smaller viewing screens are an issue to you then look at the Ice Pro series by Aqua View, there you gain a 7-inch, 45-degree adjustable monitor. Handy for group viewing, kinda nice in a larger hut with the kids in tow.

It all really depends on the features you feel are critical to you. In my experience these are the most useful anywhere at anytime day or night on the ice.

I hope this is of help in your search for the right system for your needs.

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

i have both and don't leave home without them! I feel the sv is a great camera. If you are uncertain about which one you might want, you could rent a couple differnt kinds, but use them on the same lake or it might not be a fair test. some of our lakes in south central mn i can only see a few feet but on lakes in central mn i can see a long way. they are a great tool and alot of fun but don't guarantee that you will catch fish, but thats part of the fun (who's smarter you or the fish, in my case it's usually the fish)