• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TV BOY

Fish house weight

I want to find out just how much my house weighs. Where is there a place with a scale or portable scale to weigh such a trailer?
I know the scrap metal place in St.Cloud has one, but I don't need any flat tires before the season begins.

I already ruined the bathroom scale trying to calculate tounge weight :o It was reading 135 when the metal on the top caved in. I guess I won't be able to put it under each wheel now. LOL grin.gif

I don't know if their is a truck stop in your area. If not a grain elevator would have a scale that i'm sure they would let you roll across for a small fee.

If you're talking about Midway Iron you shouldn't have to worry about flat tires. I have driven across their scales numerous times, with and with out trailers and haven't had any flats. They have to keep the area clean otherwise customers would stop coming in if they have problems.

Kevin

i'm pretty sure there is a cat scale off the hasty exit on 94 off of 8.

just got it weighed.....6.5x12' with full 30lb tank = 1460lbs. (truck stop scale)

My wife asked, "why do you want it weighed"?
I said that I just wanted to know. Guess what my neighbor's first question was when he saw the house?......How much does that thing weigh? grin.gif

I've got a 8x16 never weighed but always wanted to. Built the whole works for $700 alot of it was free the rest of the materials were cheap.The free and cheap stuffr wasn't light, I'd bet it weights 1 1/2 ton. Still going to bring it to elevator to get it wiehgted though.

------------------
Goosin now but Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ

Just took my house in to get weighed Friday at a ready mix plant. ($2.00 charge)
6 1/2 x 17 V front, fully decked out Inc. 2 full 20# tanks & 1 battery = 2460#

I had mine weighed on Saturday at the elevator in Elk River. It hit the scales at 6241 pounds....this is the sturdiest built 4x6 you've ever seen!

My 6.5x12 weighed in at 2640 lbs last year fully loaded for the weekend the truck fishouse combo was 9150 lbs just shy of five tons. Thats a kind of sobering thought when you think of it all that weight in a relatively small area. Generally I always pull the house around with my four wheeler

TV BOY, ive been kinda down today, you... in 2 posts, have made me LOL!

glad you found your answer! Long live FM!

ps. I even re read them, it happened again!

Thank you!

The funniest was at the truck stop.

I pulled up, and there are 3 pads for various axels. I put the house on one and pulled the truck up a bit. Now I just have to push a button for the person inside to get the weight. Not being a "trucker" I was looking around for "the button". Then I looked up and there it was (normal height if you are in an 18 wheeler). After 3 jumps I got it! The voice asks..."truck number?" and I said,"no truck here just a fish House". $7 well spent for my piece of mind.

Grebe

At that weight for that size it sounds like it might be radiation proof too ah? grin.gif

Or did ya build it like that to be triangle proof, I've heard about lead suits but lead house? You might be on to something.

------------------
Goosin now but Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ

[This message has been edited by psegriz (edited 09-06-2004).]