• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What boots for the cold

croixflats

Now that I have my Artic Armor, I now need a good pair of boots. My feet seem to get cold prety easy and I need something that will keep me toes a toasty.

Ive been looking at the Muck boot Artic sport and are rated 40 below anybody familiar with these. They look like they have good support and totaly water proof.

Any Thoughts ?

Those look great. Muck makes some great boots.

I have heard good things about LaCrosse Ice Kings, too.

For the last 10 years, I have been using military surplus Mickey Mouse boots. They are on the heavy side, but my feet have never become cold in them.

I use the Trans Alaska III pac boots, they are the lightest pac boot on the market and your feet and toes stay warm no matter how cold it is outside and how long you stand on the ice with them. I will never go to another boot after owning these.

I have had my "muckers" for about 2 yrs now and I love them. They are the Artic Sports, and I use them for ice fishing all the time. Totally water proof and keep my feet very warm. Sometimes I even just wear them bare foot when I am walking a lot because I dont like my socks to bunch up and my feet get very warm. I will not go back to the old stomping boots, these are very light weight.

I'm not much for shopping so I went out to day and looked at the Mucks. Ended up leaving with the Woody Max, same as the Artic Sports but camo'ed. They sold out of the Artic Sports and they are going fast.

I love how light they are and how easy they are to put on and take off and I can see how they will keep my feet warm. I think they will be a good accesory to my Artic Armor suit.

Thanks all for the input, if I was not such a lazy shopper I may have ended u pwith something else.

LaCrosse Boots will keep you warm, they have a couple of different ones. The kings have a Thinsulate liner, some of ther others (Iceman) have a felt liner. I have had my LaCrosse boots for 17 years and all i have done is replace the liners twice. They are on the heavy/bulky side but from deer hunting, to snowmobiling, to ice fishing, i have never given a second thought to having to keep my feet warm, and that is with just good old tube socks.

If you want to stay warm you wont be let down.

I had LaCrosse Iceman for a number of years and was very satisfied with their performance. Then I bought a pair of Ice Kings, although very warm they were too clunky. For the past 3 or 4 years I've had Rocky the boots with the ice cleats. Very warm and totally functional for driving, snowmobiling and walking around.

This topic comes up each season and it always seem to get lots of support for Micky boots. I see them for sale at various stores, but of the hundreds (maybe thousands) of fisherman that I've encountered ice fishing I have never seen anyone wearing Micky boots.

I second Northlander's statement about Smartwool socks.

I have the black bunny boots (mickey mouse boots) and i love them they are not as heavy duty as the white ones but they are more than enough to be out on the ice or 14 hrs. they are nothing like boots now that suggest breathing and wicking, and nice soles. these are strictly for keeping warm REALLY WARM. They are not for walking, hiking, trekkiing anything like that becuase they are heavy, but boy your feet might sweat but they still dont get cold. i would reccomend these.. oh they ar also really easy to dry out.

I have the alpha iceman's thier the same as an iceman but they have took some weight out of them. I believe they are rated at -100 bought them last year and hope they never wear out I love em $100.00

I have been looking at getting a pair of those noew Gander rubber boots. They have wool insulation with some other wicking material and look like very nice boots. I have been looking at getting a nice warm pair of rubber boots for bowhunting and icefishing but haven't been able to find any that fit my feet. I like the idea of rubber boots when out walking on the ice and kicking slush away from the holes.

Another Ice Kings guy here. I love the warmth but they are not for walking and moving around, big and clumsy. My biggest problem is my wife steals them when the whole family goes out! then I am using my hiking boots!

I agree with the mobility issue. After a day hoofing around the calves are a bit tuckered. I have considered a midweight hunting boot but really want to ask the wife if i can sping for a wheeler or a sled, then who cares about boot weight!!!

Yes, I need to ask the wife- I cover school and daycare... she covers everything else... I do know how to pickem.