• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin early antlerness gun is this weekend...

FYI to anyone else hunting Wisconsin this weekend with archery equipment. Apparently the 16th-19th is the early gun antlerless season in the herd control units. And the regs say that even us archery hunters are NOT allowed to shoot a buck this weekend if we are in these units. This includes most of the NW corner of the state, and a lot of the central units. See the deer regs, page 19.

With my luck the biggest buck in the area will come by...

I saw plenty of Does but no bucks. Filled a tag with a big Doe Saturday at sunset. Cheesed my dad off to no end, he had been sitting that spot for several hours and had moved 15 minutes prior. I was just passing through on my way out and there she was.

I had a horrible weekend. Friday evening and Saturday morning/evening, never saw a single deer on stand. No gun hunters came by, but I was on public land and I heard a few shots and saw lots of parked cars in other areas.

Oh well, Ripley is next weekend and I'm going out to the SD border to chase deer and pheasants before MN gun season opens.