• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

12 volt wiring

TV BOY

I was wondering how you guys wire your houses for 12 v. I already have the ceiling lights finished with each side wired seperate from the other so I could hook up to two batteries if needed. When it comes to wiring I am a novice.

I want to build some sort of shelf to get the vex off the floor (to prevent a stiff neck). My main question is does anyone wire any terminals near the holes to hook the clips up on a vex/aquaview? or should I just keep using their own batteries? Would it be dangerous having small terminals around verses cigerette lighter outlets?

TV Boy

If it was me, I'd just use the Vex Battery(ies). Simpler, neater, safer.

If you want to make power available to tap - go w/ the cigarette lighter style outlets. Have open terminals is asking for an accident - any thing metal that comes along - say an ice dipper handle - and makes contact with both terminals ( + & -, Red and Black, etc) is going to ground out, cause sparking, possibly even blow your battery system (battery acid is corrosive and will burn you). Kind of like if you are attempting to jump start a car, and you touch both cables together.....

My $.02

UG